Check out these cool markings

Peep Nerd

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 21, 2013
This pretty girl (I hope) is a mix of I-have-no-idea-what. She is getting more and more orange-ish feathers. I'm not really concerned with what she is. Just thought she was kinda cool. She's the sweetest chicken ever. Walks right up to you to be held and gets lots of attention and love from my 6 yr old son. He carries her everywhere and she loves it!

Where did you get her? She looks like barred rock/cuckoo something x buff Orpington (Note the buff color and the pale legs). I'm not an expert, but that's what came to mind!

I gave a school a few fertilized eggs that they hatched along with some eggs that someone else gave them. I got back a couple of the chicks, though they had no way to know whose eggs they came from. I don't think this came from any of mine. She has a best friend who looks just like her but without the orange-y feathers. At first she had one little spot of orange but it keeps spreading. It's adorable!

I gave a school a few fertilized eggs that they hatched along with some eggs that someone else gave them. I got back a couple of the chicks, though they had no way to know whose eggs they came from. I don't think this came from any of mine. She has a best friend who looks just like her but without the orange-y feathers. At first she had one little spot of orange but it keeps spreading. It's adorable!

Unfortunately, it's also the hallmark of a male chicken
hide.gif
. That bird is a cockerel, females don't get red on the wing like that.

He's a pretty mixed breed who is going to be very colorful!

Aww, bummer. Oh well, he's friendly enough. He shouldn't be too much trouble.
Is it odd for roos to be so friendly? All of mine are pretty sweet. I've had no aggression from any of them so far.

Aww, bummer.  Oh well, he's friendly enough.  He shouldn't be too much trouble.
Is it odd for roos to be so friendly?  All of mine are pretty sweet.  I've had no aggression from any of them so far.

How old are your boys? I have heard from countless people that the sweet cockerels that let folks hold them often end up the most aggressive. :oops: So at our house no one plays with the boys. Good luck!

I have 3 that are over a year old. 2 of them you can pick up and pet. The 3rd boy, our Big Daddy, doesn't like to be touched but all he does is walk away if you reach out to him. He walks right up to me when I talk to him and for snacks. He definitely runs the joint but I've never seen him fight with the other boys.
I have an oddly lovey and accepting bunch of chickens. We've had no problems adding newbies, from chicks to older birds. I don't know why but I'm not gonna question it. I'm just happy they are all so sweet.
Keeping fingers crossed for more girls in our newest hatchlings. Not sure how many roos we can support without any fighting. :)

Back
Top Bottom