Checking in on Oreos hatching eggs!

Jenessa_09

Songster
May 1, 2021
Molalla, Oregon
Alright we are on about day 16 of hatching, everything is going great!! Will post some egg canceling pics in the evening!!! It’s so cute how when I let her out to go eat and drink she is in such a hurry to get back to her babies!! Such a sweetie. She is a first time broody and is doing very well!! I have a question though, On about day eight we tried To move her in the little space that we have for chicks here she would not be in there I’m a little worried that her chicks are going to fall from the nest should I move her when the chicks are starting to hatch or should we try it again right now?? The place is right below the nesting boxes, I will show a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 4
I would not recommend moving her before the chicks hatch because you might break her broodiness, but you'll have to make sure to move them pretty soon after the chicks are done hatching to make sure none fall. They won't move around a whole lot right away. Don't move her when the chicks are still hatching because this is when they need her to stay on top of them to make sure they have high heat and also high humidity so they don't dry out while they are hatching. You might want to try puting somthing up on the open side of the box temporarily when they are hatching. Hope everything goes well with your hatch!:)

I would not recommend moving her before the chicks hatch because you might break her broodiness, but you'll have to make sure to move them pretty soon after the chicks are done hatching to make sure none fall. They won't move around a whole lot right away. Don't move her when the chicks are still hatching because this is when they need her to stay on top of them to make sure they have high heat and also high humidity so they don't dry out while they are hatching. You might want to try puting somthing up on the open side of the box temporarily when they are hatching. Hope everything goes well with your hatch!:)
Thanks for all the tips! I’ll update when they hatch which is sometime this weekend!!

Back
Top Bottom