Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hello! Been busy as well. Lost one beautiful girl to water belly lost fall. Got a puppy over the holidays (border collie number 3). Kiddo is in his first year of 4h so we added a few exhibition RIRs to our flock back in February. Enjoying having the youngsters around. We started with 7 and are down to 5 😔. Looks like we have 2 cockrels and 3 pullets. They are all very sweet. Pic is the most recent I've taken of some of the gals enjoying a freshly tilled garden.
20240312_181832.jpg

Just got 6 Rhode Island Red chicks to add to my "flock". I have 4 Barred Rocks from 2 years ago and 9 Blue Plymouth Rocks from last year (pretty birds and huge eggs). Different kinds each year. Foxes got 2 of them. When the foxes are raising their pups (now), they hunt during the day also. I let the birds out to forage only for a few hours every other day during this time of year. Unfortunate because it's bug time. :) I also have 3 guinea hens that think they are chickens and one older rooster.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hey peeps 😄 Been working in the coop learning how to save money by cooking rice and veggies mixing in leftovers and gardening to feed my chickie babies.. I made a pond oasis to hide from the coming summer heat and am laying down clover and foraging seeds instead of grass which should start popping any day now!
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3750.jpeg
IMG_2693.jpeg
IMG_2352.jpeg
IMG_2338.jpeg

Wow, this is a blast from the past, I recognize many of your screen names! 😊 Thanks for sharing your recent lives with us, some of you still have poultry, others don't anymore, however birds still are what originally brought us all together.

Wonderful to see all of you again and thanks for stopping by! :woot

Hello. I have unfortunately had alot of issues with my chickens. From them getting sick and dying, to a coyote coming in and taking 6 of them, to more getting sick and dying. I am now down to 9 hens 1 rooster. My flock has mareks so I cannot have anymore chickens which I am very sad about. I had just gotten into hatching chicks. Unfortunately all my favorite chickens have passed away so now I'm just feeding a small flock to live out their lives. Maybe one day in the future I'll be able to have more chickens.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello, I still don't have chickens, but am looking for a house in an area with at least an acre, that allows chickens, in Harford County, MD. I've been looking for over a year. Even in areas that allow chickens, I've had several houses that had restrictive covenants that outlaw them, even when it's a farming community and there are private residences across the street that have them. Covenants run with the land and can vary by plat.

Hello all!

We are in the middle of moving and sold some of our flock. We downsized from about 47 to 15-20. We have one rooster and our oldest chicken is an injured one that has survived all the predator attacks over the last several years. Her name is hop along and she is a trooper!!

We are looking to move with all of our chickens so if anyone has good ideas on how to move full grow chickens several hundred miles, I’m all eyes!

I’m still here! It’s been a crazy 11 months. We move to a farm, dove head first into this and just had our chicks hatch this week!
IMG_0980.jpeg
IMG_0981.jpeg
IMG_0989.jpeg
IMG_1003.jpeg

My Silkies and Satins are hatching lots of babies. I’ve been incubating some and selling some. My daughters and I put up a new fence to make a bigger garden too so just waiting for the freeze to pass 🙃

#stortzgrove
IMG_7583.jpeg
IMG_7580.jpeg
IMG_7471.jpeg
IMG_7074.jpeg
IMG_7088.jpeg
IMG_7081.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom