Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)

Hey guys!! I’ve definitely been busy, but I’ve got new birds!!

I currently have about 20 Rhode Island reds (2 are roosters), 7 australorps (5 black, 2 blue - all hens), a few Cochin bantams I recently got (Birchen, mottled, and self blue), an old English, a Japanese bantam, 2 Easter Eggers I’ve had running around for a while, and some blue birds that were labels as blue austalorp pullets at TSC, but 2 are roosters and have red on them as well as the blue coloring. I guess I should know by now to not buy my chicks from TSC by now. 😂 Oh, and I still have my Bielefelder rooster Bean!

I also recently got ducks to put in our pond eventually, and they are adorable!

Attachments

• IMG_5632.jpeg
    IMG_5632.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6157.jpeg
    IMG_6157.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6177.jpeg
    IMG_6177.jpeg
    776.8 KB · Views: 4
Hello! As I think most everyone else said, we have been busy, and about to enter the really busy season. Inhave a broody hen who will hopefully be giving us 6 new chicks in about a week and a half, and then I have a pregnant goat due at the end of May. Plus all things gardening.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi!

We have 30 chickens! 1 is a white rock rooster and the rest are hens. We started out with 10 baby chicks at the end of March of 2020. We love our chickens! We get 20-24 eggs a day recently. We have a mix of Sussex, australorps, buffs, barred rocks, red rocks and a white silkie. We also made our own chicken coop and a run with mostly recycled parts! My fiance is a contractor.

Yes, I have been neglectful of the wonderful BYC community! I’ve had a lot of heartache in the past year. I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer so I’ll spare you the details. We still have about a dozen chickens, a handful of ducks, a goat (his brother passed away last year) and 2 pigs…in addition to all our indoor animals. I went to a residential treatment facility for complex PTSD and, while I was gone, my husband gave away almost all my good layers. Maybe next year I can replace them. Thank you to all my fellow chicken-lovers—BYC has been a great help!

I've changed phones twice since joining and I knew something didn't get transferred (many things, actually) and now I know what I've been missing!
I went through a predator catastrophe in 2021(bobcat) and I'm slowly rebuilding my flock.
I have 23 eggs on day 12 in the incubator and am really excited for that.
I can't wait to read what everyone else has been doing.

Hello all.
I've been asked to post what I've been up to.. im guessing since I'm pretty quiet here and Admin is cleaning up the dormant accts
I have 6 chickens.. 2 Americanas, a Barred rock, a lavender Orpington, a legbar (not sure of colour.. she's purplish), and finally a Beinfelder)
I think that's it.. my wife is a member of the forum as well, so I let her post our day to day.

Hello,

I received your message and am happy to report things are going very well. We went from having a flock of pets to becoming a registered chicken rescue with the assistance of the Director of the Avian Program at Cornell University. We rehab sick, neglected, failure to thrive, improper hatches, and the unfortunate purchases made without thinking it through. Our YouTube channel, Murray's Home For Wayward Chickens has approx 250 subscribers now, and we assist people with treating illness and injury, in addition to posting comical videos of the shenanigans that occur with having several house chickens.

Hope you are well! Thank you for the update request.

Heather DeVito 😁

Back
Top Bottom