Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Hey, y’all sorry I haven’t been around in awhile. Life’s been incredibly busy with my first year of college and work. I’m a week away from officially completing my first year of school! Because of this I’ve turned most of the gardening and chicken rearing over to another family member so not many updates there. I hope to get back involved with it over the summer while I’m on break though. I do have a cute picture of the ducklings
IMG_6403.jpeg
on campus!

IM DEAD SOMEBODY PLEASE BURRY ME!!!! AND CLOSE MY EYES FOR ME!!! HAHAHA!!! sorry again about the capital letters. just trying to get my point across.

Holy cow, been a while since I was here.

I got the message and was like "Wait what?"

Currently I have no poultry, used to have ducks, geese, chickens and such at one point but yeah with a move planned poultry may be off the table for a long time.

I am however into beekeeping, and reptile/aquarium keeping these days along with exotic invertebrates.

IMG_6033.jpeg
IMG_8873.jpeg
IMG_8874.jpeg
IMG_8877.jpeg
IMG_8896.jpeg
IMG_8900.jpeg
IMG_8903.jpeg
IMG_8908.jpeg
IMG_9059.jpeg
IMG_9278.jpeg
IMG_9728.jpeg
It’s been very busy here. Last spring we added 4 more chicks, 1 Easter egger (she’s crazy lol), 1 Buff Orpington & 2 lavender Orpingtons. Hubby built a shed (air conditioned) with a nursery/infirmary. They integrated well with our older chickens, with no major problems. They are a year old now & thriving. So we are up to 7 hens, with 6 laying. We expanded their outside run for lots of space for them and added a misting system for our brutally hot summers.
IMG_6033.jpeg

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
It is so nice to actually be checked in once in a while! I have been busy and need to check in with ya'll more. I just added 14 new girls to my crew and I am so excited. My husband isn't....lol.

Back
Top Bottom