Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Wowzers, it has definitely been a while! I’m still keeping chickens, currently have EEs maturing and starting to lay eggs and figuring out that I have 4 roos with so not enough hens right now! I have 15 rtl pullets coming June 5th, so waiting to see how that goes once quarantine and integration happens. I know I’ll need to deal with at least two of my roos, I’m just figuring out which!
I also have two Embden/ Toulouse geese that I absolutely adore for their obnoxious honking and protective personality.

Busy here as well. I have about 40 week old easter eggers I incubated to replace what the neighbors dog took out. . Garden is taking shape and hopefully will finish planting next week.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
All is good here at the Anderson coop! We've added some barnyard mix to the group that I hatched in the incubator, ameraucan chicks, batams, and 4 turkey poults. I currently have some more barnyard mix eggs and 2 silkie eggs going in the incubator.
Thanks for checking in!

Hello!
Updated some coops lately for chicken and quail. Also getting my first ducklings soon! I am super excited. Chickens out foraging and new quail are hatching as I type this. Had the coops for 8 years on the big one and 7 years on the quail one.
1000003551.jpg
1000003547.jpg

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
I sadly no longer live in the small village I lived in on the edge of town where I grew up around chickens; but there is a single hen who roosts in a tree next to a cemetery.
I enjoy going over there and feeding her, watering her, and talking to her; she kinda seems like a loner, she seems like a stray. Only chicken there, poor lonely girl...

I'd happily adopt her, but we would not be allowed to build the coop for her and everything. We live on a busy road (literally "North Main Street") in a small city; and we live next door to a lady who is a landlord of all of the property next door (including a 2-story single occupancy apartment with a garage, that had a house number with ½ after it).

Back
Top Bottom