Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Hello again. Our first attempt at chickens was thwarted by zoning. We had to give them away. They were last seen riding a Roomba through someone's house. I later honestly forgot that I joined this site.

Two moves later, zoning is not an issue. (There is a cow pasture across the road.) We now have 29 chickens and will probably have more by the end of the year.
1714185662329.png

1714185438605.png

1714185264599.png

1714185204833.png

1714185604030.png

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Well.. when I joined this group I had 4 chicks.. it's been like 5 years and I have 11 girls and 2 roos.. one of my girls is from my original group.. it's been a fun journey. Had ups and downs but 1 thing for sure is I will always have chickens.. here is just 1 pic of the most recent addition.

Attachments

• PXL_20240330_134550714.jpg
    PXL_20240330_134550714.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey! Nice to hear from you guys. 🥰🥰

Yes, life happens & we get busy and side tracked. Received a msge from @Nifty-Chicken & here I am. I still have my girls, well 2 of the 3. I had to cull one a few yrs back, sadly. She fell ill & I couldn't bear to see her in pain. Gave her 1 day to bounce back & she just got worse. Loki was my favorite too. Lilo & Stitch are still doing well, still lay well too. They're now 6 yrs old, if I'm keeping track correctly.

I do plan on getting more, another 3, but letting these girls live out their life best as possible 1st. I don't want to have issues with integration or the city for having too many. Plus, I want them to have as much room as possible for each girl.

I hope everyone is doing well.😁 I'll go back & read through some of the comments & catch up. 😊

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
oh yes chickens and ducks and turkeys and eggs in the incubator.... I run festivals and spring is a busy season! This is how I spend my non-chicken time: https://www.bigwhimsy.com/list-of-faerie-faires.html

Hi there! Thank you for the email. Like many of the others, I have been really busy. In addition to chickens, I also have Jersey cattle and work a full time job 😰! We just got through calving season. Unfortunately, one of my sweet chickens passed away from water belly day before yesterday 🙁. But all of the others are doing great! I raise bantams, mostly Dutch. I want to say thank you to you Nifty-Chicken and to all the community members for the experiences, advice, information, empathy, and compassion everyone has shared through the years. It is a blessing to be part of such “vibrant community!” Wishing everyone and their flocks the best!

Hello. Thanks for checking in on me. Lot has happened. All my girls are wild and healthy.
Happy about easy winter and early spring I guess. Can't wait to catch up on everything I let fall behind. Will definitely be in touch more often soon.

Hello! I’m checking in since I was prompted by an admin. :) Thanks! I have been keeping chickens for five years and last summer we had our first truly broody chickens! My black australorp ladies came through. We had about 6-7 new chicks and four of them turned out to be roosters. 🤦‍♀️ Fortunately we found a rooster sanctuary farm near us. Anyway, I love my ladies and 3 roosters - (they’re working some things out) and we’re getting about ten eggs a day. We’re giving them away to friends. <3 Thank you to all the Backyard Chicken gurus for helping me learn how to be a chicken mama.

Back
Top Bottom