Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Well it definitely has been a busy few years, sadly my poor ducks were attacked by a wild animal that pulled them through the fence, its been hard dealing with their loss but i've put all that energy into building a new coop with deeper fencing that even has a over head fence. Don't have any birds yet till its done but I'm planning on raising some chicks soon!

Hi! Cute idea and loads of replies! Great! I lost a couple hens from my original flock this past year so I have 3 left. I decided to add some pullets this year since my remaining original girls are 3 years old. I got one olive-egger and one blue copper marans and they are very flighty and afraid of me. I’m hoping they’ll grow out of it but it’s probably not going to happen.
IMG_6725.jpeg

Hi everyone! I still have and love all my chickens, but I branched out. I adopted a minipig in 2020, which led to another, then another, then the next thing I knew, I had 10 piggies and I'm now a 501c3 nonprofit pig rescue! We just took in another three piglets, so we are officially at 13, the number of our lord & savior, Taylor Swift. 🤣😂

My two teacup humans are doing well in school. The younger daughter is actually very helpful with the piggies.

I hope everyone is doing well! We are The Posh Pig Farm and Sanctuary, on pretty much all social media platforms, so come root around with us. :)

Big hugs to all,

Kelly, Gaston, Ginger, and all of the Posh Piggy Crew 🩷🐽🐖🐷🐷🐖🐽

Attachments

• 20240321_071203.jpg
    20240321_071203.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210819_192804.jpg
    20210819_192804.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image1 (1) (1).png
    image1 (1) (1).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Thanks for the prompt. I'm living in Louisiana, but preparing to move to Central Texas...lots of research and taking my five hens with my family(Bell County, TX). Next month starts the move, chickens moving last (we have to secure the backyard for these five "new to the city" hens). They are familiar with the fence. I live in a place where it's ok to let the hens roam, but I like to be a good neighbor (good fences do make good neighbors, and keeps the errant stray dog out---stray cats get the caw caw call of hen distress). Where I'm moving--hens are allowed, no roosters and no free ranging. My birds are pet chickens, so the eggs are a bonus.

Hello,
My chickens are living and doing great. Their characters and their behavior are different, but they live very friendly. In winter they pecked each other's eggs every day. Now, finally, they don’t do this. Only the young ones sometimes stab their own. Thanks for your advice about golf balls. I will continue with you. Sure.

Hello there! I've mostly been a lurker here, but this site has been fantastic for me. It's given me so many bits of good advice as well as smiles and laughs. I've been growing my flock, I previously lived on a pretty small property and only kept up to 8 birds at a time, and usually less. But just a couple months ago, I moved to a much bigger property and am now expanding my flock! I started by bringing in 8 more chicks, and I've bought an incubator to try my hand at hatching eggs in the near future! I'm going to massively expand the flock and the coop. I'm even thinking of raising some other types of poultry like quail or guinea hens since I have the space now. I'm kind of bad about posting updates sometimes, but whenever I need to gush about some new exciting thing with my flock with people who understand, I know where to go! I love this forum and I love hearing from all the kind, chicken-loving people who keep it all alive.

I got so nostalgic when I got the message to check in. My story isn’t as happy though. It has been a little over 3 years since we had chickens. Our HOA at the time decided to throw a fit about our chickens…long story and I think I posted about it. Can’t remember now but we were allowed to have them when we bought them. We ended up giving up our chickens and moving. We couldn’t have them at our new house.
We have moved again and can now have them, but our yard is tiny. Our neighbors behind us have chickens and we enjoy watching them!

Hello all. I sold the homestead in AZ and relocated across the country to the north. Finally!!
So sold all my farm animals. Including chickens. I finally got some chicks and they are doing well. Only about a month old now. Also some homing pigeons (for gun dog training(pointing))Been real busy with being a single dad to a 2 yr old and work. So not much for YouTube content or anything like that. Yet. Hope you all are well. Seller of home left me a chicken coop project thankfully.

Attachments

• IMG_1605.jpeg
    IMG_1605.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1190.jpeg
    IMG_1190.jpeg
    789.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 2

Hi. Just saw where you messaged me. It's been a rough few years. I've had spinal fusion surgery that didn't go as planned. It took me almost 2 years to recover. I finally found a job I can work with not being able to stand for long periods of time. Unfortunately I don't have chickens anymore. But I always look for ones when I'm driving anywhere. There is a used car place here that has a flock. I love seeing them every day on my way to and from work.

Anyway, that's about it for what I've been up to. I've wondered about others on here but haven't had the time or energy to get on the laptop. I saw the message in my email and decided to answer it real quick before heading to bed. I miss the chicken community and fun conversations. Hopefully I can get back on more frequently. Yall have a great night and stay safe with the wild weather!

Back
Top Bottom