Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
I moved and had to rehome my flock a couple years ago but recently, March 1st got some chicks to raise and started building a coop. It's still as awesome as I remember it being the first-time but without the learning curve of being totally new to chick raising or chickens. I'm happy to be a chicken dad again. Anyway here is a pic of the coop.
Cool coop! How many chickens are you going to get?

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
I'm raising turkeys chickens and ducks as a side business

What a nice way to check in with inactive members! What have I been up to? Well, last fall, we relocated our chicken coop to be closer to our horse barn and have been slowly upgrading it with insulation, built-in brooder cages, permanent (and very safe) electrical wiring, etc. I like having all of the animals in one place! My hens also seem to enjoy being near the horses. I'm currently raising six spring chicks -- three will join my flock of three hens, for a total of six, and the other three are for my parents who also want to expand their flock this year.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
we got a couple of new barred rock chicks! next week we’re getting some cream legbars, super excited!

Hey everyone, I'm still here, still have chickens, 9 hens total. 3 BCMs, 2 Lav Orps, 2 Barred Rocks, a Welsummer and Partridge Chanticler. I'm excited to see that owning Chickens is becoming main stream! I've always thought that everyone should have chickens!

Back
Top Bottom