Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Unfortunately my tatertot passed away a few years ago. It was due to toxic family environment taking it out on a poor defenseless animal vs taking anything up with me. I still love chickens and if I'm ever in a situation where I can have them again will. I'm doing okay, though my family is still keeping her ashes from me.
What breed was Tatertot? How old was she?

I love this 🐓community so thanks for the nudge! I should utilize it more often, as there’s so much knowledge here! I recently added two mature hens to my flock (one found roadside and one survivor from a hawk attack that killed the rest of her flock) - oh the drama! It took almost 5 weeks to fully integrate, as I was attempting as little bloodshed as possible. Pretty successful, although there were some torn waddles 😳
Also had a nasty case of double-bumblefoot (both feet). Was my dark Brahma - a very big girl - so that probably didn’t help! For anyone interested, the homeopathic remedy Silicea had good effects.
Here’s a pic of my rescued gals! Happy spring!
Glad to hear things worked out.

I haven’t been able to start with chickens yet 😫. We’ve had a few house issues that have cost 💲 but I am still hopeful for the future! Thanks for checking in. 😝
Have you given any thought to starting with coturnix quail in a cage?

Hey! Thank you for checking in on us! We are plenty busy over here as I run a small business and this is "busy season". The girls are great...laying well....healthy. I switched up this past year and added Black Jersey Giants for meat to the flock of Barred Rock. Haven't butchered any yet...they are sweet girls and good layers.
Hope all of you are well and happy out there,
Dee
Hi Dee!
What type of business do you run?

Hey, y’all sorry I haven’t been around in awhile. Life’s been incredibly busy with my first year of college and work. I’m a week away from officially completing my first year of school! Because of this I’ve turned most of the gardening and chicken rearing over to another family member so not many updates there. I hope to get back involved with it over the summer while I’m on break though. I do have a cute picture of the ducklingsView attachment 3813080 on campus!
What do you want to be when you grow up?
What degree are you going for! Nice to see you pop back in.

Oh goodness, I'd LOVE to get some of the hens going broody! My incubators are full, full, full! :)
Yesterday we had two crows chase off a hawk. I feel they are my heroes right now. Hope they stick around the area!
Good luck with your hatches!
Do you sell chicks?

Heydeedo Y'all :frow.
Hard to believe its been so long visiting BYC friends. Life has a way of swallowing time and before long a year or 2 goes byebye.:idunno
Our 6 hens are producing eggs. They're characters that add to my enjoyment outside. They're so social. If they could free range they'd surely be wherever we are! :love
We built a nifty chicken/coop supply center from pallets. Garbage cans keep feed,treats,nesting material and cleaning supplies dry and secure. The open part is for sand thats easily accessible for refreshing the coop poop tray.
Might do some creative painting on it, but for now it meets my needs.
Pleasure to read everyone's post. C-y'all around the backyard:thumbsup
That looks pretty neat! Can you post a few pics of the coop I see over there on the right?

Back
Top Bottom