Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
@retired farmgirl, welcome back! What have you been up to?

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Welcome back! How many chickens or other poultry do you have?

Been busy so not on here much lately. We currently have 12 chickens (11 hens, 1 rooster). We have a barnyard mix of chickens, they're so fun to watch. We have 3 naked necks who are the most curious things I've ever seen. They're hilarious. But I love watching all of our chickens in the yard, even though they don't like us to hold them. We can only currently hold one who was part of our original 4 to begin with.
Welcome back! I love naked necks there are so interesting to look at. Do You plan to hatch any of your eggs?

Good morning all, what have I been up to? Well, having kept poultry, waterfowl and game birds since 1977 I have aways got plenty to do. I'm a breeder of Black Copper Marans, Im introducing new blood lines this year with unrelated hatching eggs in my incubator. I am buying in POL Warren's too as I simply can't keep up with the demand for eggs that I sell. I also have some Geese eggs in one of my incubators. Always plenty to do here!
Welcome back! ooo Geese? What type? I love geese.

Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that my neighbor has been harboring a mother fox and her babies. They found the chickens on Wednesday. I have two survivors that managed to escape, but I'm unsure what to do with them, especially since now I know the foxes will surely be back to their "hunting grounds." I don't have the time or $$ to rebuild a tighter perimeter, plus I do not want to close up these hens that are used to free-ranging, so I think the only option is to give them away. I do not think I will be starting over, as long as I have a fox-loving neighbor...
Welcome back! That really sucks I'm sorry for your losses its really devastating to lose one I can't imagine the whole flock. I hope you can rebuild one day.

Still here. Been crazy busy running one of my optical locations and making glasses for all 3 locations we have.
Thanks for checking in on me.

Back
Top Bottom