Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

I took a computer break, shut down FB and realized that I was still online an awful lot with some forums so I shut it all down for a while. I am getting better adapted to retirement. The chicken and goat population are getting a little out of hand so I just took sales pictures and am about to craft some ads. Anyone looking to buy a slightly used goat or two??
It is nice to see you back here!

I will have to figure out the retirement adaption in another year or so.

I took a computer break, shut down FB and realized that I was still online an awful lot with some forums so I shut it all down for a while. I am getting better adapted to retirement. The chicken and goat population are getting a little out of hand so I just took sales pictures and am about to craft some ads. Anyone looking to buy a slightly used goat or two??
Welcome back! It's been awhile since I've seen you around. Thanks for the update on how things are going. Have you tried posting in your State thread yet? Also, Craigslist might be an option as well. If I was closer and looking to get goats again, I'd be interested.

Awhile back I wrote an article on how to post on Craigslist. It's geared towards rehoming roosters, but it probably has some helpful insight on posting your goats on there if you need help: How To Post On Craigslist

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Man have I been busy! And so have my chickens in the time I have been here and left we have had some new arrivals and some unfortunate deaths but nothing is without meaning. I’m currently working on building a new coop for my girls and boys that is a little smaller because soon here I am going away to college and I won’t be able to say much on here at all. I love this platform dearly and if I could id take my chickens with me haha! Just because I don’t have chickens doesn’t mean I can’t post here but with how much I’ll be doing work wise chances are I might not be around much at all. Be it here there or where ever I end up I hope every one remains loving on there chickens and keep sharing the love and knowledge between each other!

-chickens in the sun-

Man have I been busy! And so have my chickens in the time I have been here and left we have had some new arrivals and some unfortunate deaths but nothing is without meaning. I’m currently working on building a new coop for my girls and boys that is a little smaller because soon here I am going away to college and I won’t be able to say much on here at all. I love this platform dearly and if I could id take my chickens with me haha! Just because I don’t have chickens doesn’t mean I can’t post here but with how much I’ll be doing work wise chances are I might not be around much at all. Be it here there or where ever I end up I hope every one remains loving on there chickens and keep sharing the love and knowledge between each other!

-chickens in the sun-
Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you enjoy college and post here when you can.

I’m still here! We kinda put the homestead on hold the past two ish years after our newest addition to our family, but we’re back into the swing of things after finally getting enough (ish) sleep at night and him being able to play with his oldest brothers. Pics of my new coop coming soon, we are almost done 🙌🏻

I’m still here! We kinda put the homestead on hold the past two ish years after our newest addition to our family, but we’re back into the swing of things after finally getting enough (ish) sleep at night and him being able to play with his oldest brothers. Pics of my new coop coming soon, we are almost done 🙌🏻
Welcome back and thanks for updating! Congrats on your new little one as well. 🥰🥰

That is good news!

It is nice when the little ones are getting more independent...and getting good sleep is very important.

I am looking forward to seeing the new coop pictured.

Congratulations 👶

Welcome back! It's been awhile since I've seen you around. Thanks for the update on how things are going. Have you tried posting in your State thread yet? Also, Craigslist might be an option as well. If I was closer and looking to get goats again, I'd be interested.

Awhile back I wrote an article on how to post on Craigslist. It's geared towards rehoming roosters, but it probably has some helpful insight on posting your goats on there if you need help: How To Post On Craigslist
I do use craigslist, I find it easier to work with than FB. I also don't need to watch it as closely as FB because it all goes to email. Also the scammers are pretty noticeable. Actually they can be pretty funny: one scammer wanted me to mail him some goats...

Super sweet of yall to check in on people!
I really appreciate it since I haven't been going though the best of times right now. Depression has been kicking my butt but my adorable chickies have been giving me a reason to wake up every morning. Not to mention my special needs Polish baby who is the sweetest chickie ever!!!! I would give her my entire life savings to make sure she is happy and spoild! Number one reason why I support anyone that gets peeps or rescues chickens. They have helped me through a lot of tough and dark times.

Back
Top Bottom