Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Started from scratch with my flock this year. We are up to 18 so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20240511_200229309.jpg
    IMG_20240511_200229309.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 2
i guess its been a while since i last posted here, i have been back in england now for over 6 years, from my sisters in france where we had the chickens, just before i came back, we had a goose who was a bit of a problem, who i had a fight with and calmed it down to a point where it would follow me everywhere, i was the only one in the family able to pick it up, we had an african whistling duck drop in the garden one day with a ring. it caused a bit of havoc at the time, all the chickens and even the goose ran away from it as it walked about the garden, the nieces and nephew thought it really funny, i checked to see if it was still there that night and it was nestled next to a little frizzie bantum that was sitting eggs, she was there each night until the eggs hatched, we got her sexed and my mother bought her a mate... he was really young, when the next lot of eggs hatched, we noticed the young cocks where crowing the same tune to the ducks whistle, maybe coz the two of them did it all day and they were trying to imitate it.. by the time i left france they at least a dozen chickens, 3 large ducks she swapped for a couple of cocks, and 2 more geese. so quite the menagerie. a couple of years ago, the lot disappeared overnight, they think a fox got in somewhere..
my new house only has a little gravel garden, about 5mx4m with a few feet width that runs down the back, its fully enclosed but i dont think it would be good for chickens, but it does have a nice shed if i ever turned it to grass and got a couple hens.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello, that's sounds like fun. Life gets intense and crazy. Chicken math continues to happen here, but we are keeping all our birds penned this year to keep our porches, flowerbeds and gardens neat as they like to escape the pasture. We have a rooster who still free ranges and he sure is a funny sight. I would have loved to see the animal who was disappointed to take off with only his tail. And I'm so proud of that tail for saving him and I need to wonder how many of the girls he also saved with losing that tail. It makes him look like only half a rooster.

We have 2 quackers as of now, not hope to get more when we have better set up.

We just got a trampoline to fence around to use for a chicken trailer to protect the chickens and keep them in pasture.

Not sure what else would be interesting to note right now. But it's sure good to be back. Looking forward to reading again. I love learning on here.

Hi there. I haven’t been around this site for a while now cause I moved from a rural property and now living in a unit it the city. All my gorgeous girls were given to a friend still living out west. I miss them dearly and struggle to find eggs that compare

Still come here for advice when needed... 💖💖this community. However, we had an unfortunate situation a few years ago with the neighbor dogs taking our whole flock. After becoming disabled we decided not to replace them. 😢😭 BUT!!! My daughter has decided to start her own flock and she still lives here so I get to enjoy them like a loving Grand-chick-ma!

Attachments

• 2024-04-28 11.45.31.jpg
    2024-04-28 11.45.31.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 3
Still come here for advice when needed... 💖💖this community. However, we had an unfortunate situation a few years ago with the neighbor dogs taking our whole flock. After becoming disabled we decided not to replace them. 😢😭 BUT!!! My daughter has decided to start her own flock and she still lives here so I get to enjoy them like a loving Grand-chick-ma!

looking at that brood of chicks, i spotted a few chipmonks, our 1st brood of 6 had 4 of them, a jet black and a little yellow one that turned out white and our best layer (egg size) from a buff orpington, all from the male in my avatar, all 6 were tailess, and the 4 chipmonk marked ones were male. we only selected 6 eggs to hatch, the largest tan from our orpington and 5 blue ones. although the orpington chick was quite a bit larger than the other 5 as a young bird and a bit fatter, as the buff orpington is a meat and egg bird. she was the most active runner in the garden for chasing flies.

Hello-a. everything is going fine with me, just busy with work and other things. Ducks are doing fine, although I lost Percy a few months back. Virgil is my old man and he's going strong. I'd post pics but I don't have them on this computer apparently

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
It has been a while since I’ve been around, but I guess the biggest news for me is that I finally acquired Silver Duckwing Brahmas.

Back
Top Bottom