Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hi!! Busy with spring chores. Just took plastic off the run. Power washing tomorrow. Came in here to look for a recipe. I was going to use 6tbson peppermint Castile soap w/vinegar in a gal of water. Hope all is well at your end. I did loose my RIR. Not sure if respiratory or what. I treated her like I did another hen. Gave her a soak in epson ..I was drying her, she vomited brown liquid
I'm so sorry that you lost your hen. I hope things go well for the rest of your flock.

Is that a city requirement? I don't know that I've heard of that before... mostly just requiring they be kept to one's own yard.

How are you keeping them inside the fencing? Ours are escape artists. LOL!
It is a city requirement unfortunately. It is electric poultry fencing and I think they have either learned it doesn't feel nice to push through or they finally are large enough to not fit through the smaller holes at the bottom. We plan to move things around after awhile for variety for them, just have to keep clearing junk around our property.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello peeps!
Been super busy too. I’m chicken news:
My sweet hen Dolly Parton passed on at the beginning of the year. In March I got 5 new chicks, so Ophelia won’t be a solo chicken much longer. I’m working on building a lovely new coop with a run so the new girls can transition to being free roaming more safely.
Unfortunately one of my girls has gone downhill the past couple of days, I actually got on here to post about here for guidance.
Hope you all are doing cluckin’ great!

Hello peeps!
My sweet hen Dolly Parton passed on at the beginning of the year. In March I got 5 new chicks, so Ophelia won’t be a solo chicken much longer. I’m working on building a lovely new coop with a run so the new girls can transition to being free roaming more safely.
Unfortunately one of my girls has gone downhill the past couple of days, I actually got on here to post about here for guidance.
Oh I am so sorry you lost Dolly Parton. :hugs Always heartbreaking when they pass. 💔 Best wishes with your sick bird, hopefully someone can help her here. Happy to see you back!

Hello peeps!
I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck with Ophelia. I hope she will thrive again.

Hello peeps!
I am sorry that you lost Dolly!

Congratulations on getting the new chicks. Ophelia will be very happy with new flock mates for sure!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello!

Yeah, I've been busy with school ending, and having four ducks with two chickens has not been the easiest thing so far lol. I will probably be posting soon since my chickens are giving one of my ducks trouble and I need advice.

Hello!

Yeah, I've been busy with school ending, and having four ducks with two chickens has not been the easiest thing so far lol. I will probably be posting soon since my chickens are giving one of my ducks trouble and I need advice.
Good luck with your flock! I hope school went well.

We’re still here in East TN raising layers in our backyard in the middle of town! We’ve rotated out several roosters but think we’ve finally landed a good one. Our flock is currently 31 layers, 1 rooster, and 8 chicks. In the last few years we’ve hatched 2 groups from 2 new mamas. They did well although we endured a staggered hatch. Were currently fighting a presumed respiratory virus which is what brought my back to my page!

Attachments

• IMG_7835.jpeg
    IMG_7835.jpeg
    743.1 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom