Checking Inn

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by izigg, Feb 1, 2017.

1. izigg

izigg Out Of The Brooder

Recently, I was adopted by a 6yr India Blue, I named " Kevin", who moved in and took over and was chasing some wild turkey tail down the rd and playing games on me on a regular basis, so I got him a harem of 4 although one may be a male not sure yet and this will be the first matting season so I came here to find some good advice and read others experiences with these crazy birds, one thing I learned is how to catch a mature male without fail. Seems these birds are very vain !

2. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    Welcome to BYC!!! Isn't this a helpful place? I've used it to get all kinds of information and advice from incubating and hatching to keeping everyone from picking on each other.

Great to have another member join us! :)

~MW

3. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to post on the "Peafowl thread," they may be able to sex your new birds and see if you do have a second peacock.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, izigg, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! I agree with drumstick diva's advice regarding the peafowl thread. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under izigg [​IMG] Welcome!

Tee hee .. love the intro!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by