cheerios cereal

goldenchic

Songster
10 Years
Nov 7, 2009
i like to give my chickens treats.and also like to keep them entertained as i dont like to think of them as bored, i havent had there wings clipped yet so they have to stay in the run,i also live in a town house were four neighbours have cats so they will only be allowed out when im out there,and england being england it is a cold wet & dreary day but they have plenty of room as i only have 2 hens and 1 cockerel,i have been hanging a corn on the cob on a piece of string an they go mad for it but back to my original question can i sprinkle cheerios in the run to give them something different to forrige for?

My chickens are Cheerio addicts. I buy the big bags of generic 'oatios' or the store brand.
40731_dscn4409.jpg

mine aren't interested in cheerios as is, but i mix them with their yogurt and they go mad! the yogurt softens the cheerios enough that they have lots of fun with them. and it keeps them from getting yogurt all over themselves when they stick their whole heads in the yogurt cup! i buy organic yogurt and cereals since they get organic everything else.

Back
Top Bottom