Cheese Cake Recipe Needed Please !!!

pirtykitty

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Waco, Texas
I purchased a spring form pan at estate sale about a month ago and am dying to use it.. Want to make a Cheese cake for Thanksgiving.. Does anyone have a good recipe for one.. I have both chicken and duck eggs to use in it.. have picked up several pkgs of cream cheese, also have a bag of pretzels and pecans if they would make a good crust and picked up box of graham crackers ( hoping hubby doesn't find them).
thank you

These are my three favorite cheesecakes....

Best Ever Sour Cream Cheesecake

3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4-cup sugar
1/2 cup butter-melted
Note-I used 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs and added the butter a little at a time until I felt the crust was right. I don't like a really thick crust.

Filling:
1-cup sour cream
4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1-1/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 large eggs
2 large egg yolks

Place a baking pan of water on the oven rack right below the rack that the cheesecake will be on. Preheat oven to 300º

Make crust: In medium bowl, with hands or back of spoon, mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter until they are well combined. Press mixture on bottom and sides of 9-inch spring form pan, to form a rim all around. Refrigerate until needed.

Make filling and pour into crust-lined pan.

Bake at 300º for 1-1/2 hours.

Allow to cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight.

VanillaIceCreamCheesecake001.jpg

VanillaIceCreamCheesecake002.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lemon Swirl Cheesecake

Crust
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted

Cheesecake Batter
1 cup Sour Cream
4 packages (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
1-cup sugar
3-Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp vanilla
4 eggs, beaten

Lemon Curd
6 large very fresh egg yolks (older eggs will not set up properly)
1-cup sugar
1-tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 stick butter-chopped
20 drops yellow food color

Preparation:

Make crust and cool completely.
MIX crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. (Bake at 300°F for 10 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan.)

Make lemon curd
Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, cornstarch and sugar in the top of a double boiler. Use medium heat and stir with whisk constantly. Once the mixture has heated up (make sure that it's hot because if you start adding the butter before it's hot, it doesn't set up as well) add the butter a couple of pieces at a time. As the previous pieces melt, add 2 more. Once all the butter has been added, let it continue to cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. If it is not thick, let it cook longer than the 15 minutes. Transfer to the fridge and cool completely stirring often to keep the butter from separating. While the curd is chilling mix the cheesecake batter.

MIX sour cream, cream cheese, 1-cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Mix in beaten eggs. Remove 1-1/3 cups of the cheesecake batter and stir it along with the 20 drops of yellow food color into the cooled lemon curd.

Spoon half the cheesecake batter over prepared crust. Spoon half of the lemon curd in dollops into pan. Repeat, ending with lemon curd. With metal spatula or knife, cut through batters to marble.

BAKE at 325°F for 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set if using silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set if using dark nonstick springform pan.) Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

LemonSwirlCheesecake003.jpg

LemonSwirlCheesecake002.jpg

LemonSwirlCheesecake001.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luscious Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake

Chocolate Crumb Crust

1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup melted butter

Cheesecake batter
1-cup sour cream
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
1-cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla
4 eggs, room temperature; beaten

Chocolate Curd
1/2 cup Cocoa
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4-cup cold water
6 large very fresh egg yolks (older eggs will not set up properly)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 stick butter-chopped

Preparation: You will need to put a collar on the pan because this cheesecake will rise above the rim of the pan but it will settle back down into the pan as it cools.

Make Crust and Cool Completely.
Combine ingredients and press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan; I use the bottom of a flat glass to tamp the crust down. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. (Bake at 300°F for 10 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan.)

Make Chocolate Curd.
Combine the cocoa and the boiling water; whisk until smooth, stir in the cold water. Put the egg yolks, chocolate mixture and sugar in the top of a double boiler. Use medium heat and stir with whisk constantly. Once the mixture has heated up (make sure that it's hot because if you start adding the butter before it's hot, it doesn't set up as well) add the butter a couple of pieces at a time. As the previous pieces melt, add 2 more. Once all the butter has been added, continue to whisk and cook for 15 minutes, or until set. Transfer to the fridge and cool completely stirring often to keep the curd smooth and creamy in texture.

Make Cheesecake Batter
Mix sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Mix in beaten eggs just until well blended. Remove 1-1/3 cups of the cheesecake batter and stir it into the chocolate curd.

Spoon half the batter over prepared crust. Spoon half of the chocolate curd in dollops into pan. Repeat, ending with chocolate curd. With metal spatula or knife, cut through batters to marble.

BAKE at 325°F for 1 hour 20 minutes; remove from oven to cooling rack. Cheesecake will still be very loose but it is done, do not try to bake it until it is firm. (Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 20 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan.) Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

ChocolateSwirlCheesecake001.jpg

ChocolateSwirlCheesecake002.jpg

This is the BEST cheesecake in VA!!!
I got this recipe from Nan at Brunswick Mineral Springs - a Beautiful B&B snuggled in just a little south of Petersburg.
I've tasted this with lots of variations - and given it to many, many folks - always the same reaction - their eyes roll back, their face goes serene and they give a long "MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, OOOOoooooh that is goooooooooood"

Cheesecake basic recipe:
Body of cheesecake:
Let 8 packages of cream cheese sit out to become room temp
4 large eggs and 2 egg yolks
1.5 Of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla or any other flavoring you prefer
Forth of a cup of flour to half, batter should be smooth and lump free
Half a cup of sour cream
Crust:
Cup of graham crackers or cookies or nuts processed in a food processor until fine to medium crumbs
4 tablespoons of sugar
Half a stick of melted butter
Building the cake:
Line a 12 inch spring form pan with parchment paper and spray also with vegetable oil-wrap pan on the outside with foil so no water can enter from the outside Whip the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy- add sour cream and flavorings- slowing add eggs and rotating with flour until all is smooth and lump free- pour into pan

Place pan in a larger one to be able to surround with a couple cups of water to bake in a water bath @ 350 for about an hour or so or clean toothpick. The water bath aids to keep the cake from cracking and retaining its moisture.

Let cool on counter before placing in the fridge or the cake will crack - must cure for at least 24 hours before serving. Enjoy!

Quote:
DOD (drooling on desk) mmmm... I have been using a recipe similar to the first one since I was a bride in 1974. It was given to me by my aunt who didn't bake anything but this cheesecake. It is delicious every single time. I am going to save the others too...chocolate... mmmmm!
droolin.gif

Quote:
LOL...fraid not...

Quote:
I was a cheesecake purest for a very long time then I think my tastes changed and I started wanting something a little different. There is a recipe I made once that was really good....it was a plain cheesecake with little balls of chocolate chip cookie dough suspended in the batter. I lost the recipe and have tried several times to re-create it but the dough balls just sink to the bottom of the cheesecake while it is cooking.

Thank you everyone !!! these look fabulous. I just went and check the cheesecake pan and I think it's a 9 inch.. also if I use duck eggs can I use 1 duck egg for each reg. egg or should I cut back .. or use 1/2 chicken and 1/2 duck

Quote:
1 large chicken egg = 50g
If you want to add to the richness of the cheesecake you can add extra yolks and it will be fine....but I have found that too many egg whites will make the cheesecake have a more grainy texture. So use whatever eggs you like but if in doubt leave out the white and just use the yolks.

Last edited:
I ♥♥♥ cheese cake...and what I believe to be true with cheesecake is what I do with scrambled eggs....looooow and slooooow.... I never do mine over 300 degrees (maybe cause I know my oven runs on the hot side),...

These are fabulous recipes! I will print and try them !!!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom