Chehalis, WA looking for Salmon Faverolles

I think Barred Rock. We have some Barred Rock chicks right now, and the way to identify them when they were little was the yellow spot on top of their head. Do you have any purebred faverolles yet? Sure are cute! :)

Not yet... I'm still waiting to see what she is going to hatch out. She didnt do a great job of keeping them warm... But I have been collecting and putting some in my incubator. I have three that should hatch around the 9th and a few more a week later. I might put her in a small pen for a week during spring break so I can get 7 eggs to put in the incubater at once.

So I checked the rest of the eggs and sadly they were not even fertile... she sat on a bunch of duds. Ugh! So I am praying my incubator eggs hatch out!! My SF hen is definately not the best mother. She lets the chicks run off a lot in the trough I have them in and doesnt seem to enforce what they should be doing... my banty on the other hand, is crazy!! She will attack anyone or anyting that gets near her babies and is always telling them to get behind her when she thinks theres a threat! Guess I need more broody bantys! So the first SF eggs should be hatching around the 9/10 and each week after. I am waiting to hear back from another breeder in Oregon who is raisng SF to see if I can get more stock from her. There is a SF Fanciers show in Stevenson towards the end of next month. I may try to go to see if I can get hooked up with more breeders and get some of the bantam SF. They are trying to get the breed out here on the west coast more since most are back east. The hatchery ones are not very good quality and dont look as nice. So I dont want to buy any of those. I will let you know as soon as I have babies in hand!!

Awwww, someone call CPS!!! What a bad mommy! I think I will end up needing a broody bantam at some point myself. My Mom always kept some around to hatch chicks, and they were great mothers. :) I've looked at the hatchery ones too, and I just don't really want to subject some chicks to the U.S. Postal Service, just seems extra stressful.

:) Let me know what you find at the fanciers, okay?

FewI do have lots of bantams. I have a one year old sebright hen and a few two month old chicks and two banty chicks maybe one more hatching this weekend. They are the smallest chicks! So cute! If you want some I can sell you a few with the SF babies if and when they arrive. Keeping my fingers crossed. If they don't hatch, I will pen them up by themselves for a month and try again. Apparently he loves the Americauna hen since all of her eggs hatched!

FewI do have lots of bantams. I have a one year old sebright hen and a few two month old chicks and two banty chicks maybe one more hatching this weekend. They are the smallest chicks! So cute! If you want some I can sell you a few with the SF babies if and when they arrive. Keeping my fingers crossed. If they don't hatch, I will pen them up by themselves for a month and try again. Apparently he loves the Americauna hen since all of her eggs hatched!

Hey there- y'all might want to jump over to the WA state thread for exchange of info. Seems everyone there knows who's got what. I know ChickenRustler down in Ethel has Salmon Faveroles. ChickieLady is in Raymond, she's got a waiting list fo rher birds

I've got all sorts of a mixed layer flock myself, (13 hens, one roo that is too hard on my hens and abou tto be culled). Then there's the 16 four week old babies I hatched last month in our homemade inCOOLbator, (silver leghorn, welsummer, barnevelder, EE, Wyandotte) and a broody GLW due to hatch a batch of 11 mixed babies today, AND 3 silkies in my living room (2 are showgirls- very funny looking osttriches!).

Hey, RainMom, can you throw the link to that thread in here? I thought we were in the WA State thread, but I guess we are not! I am not very good at navigating forums.

Gina, I might like a couple of bantams, I'll ask the husband what he thinks. :)

Back
Top Bottom