Chic Chick 'Bator *UPDATED*

Gee Miss Prissy, how many bators you going to make? there's a lot of wigglers there.
big_smile.png

Mine is fired up ready to go, just waiting on the eggs.

The last time I needed one there was none to be found anywhere. I was in Walmart 2 weeks ago and saw them so I got what was on the shelf. Never know who will need one. LOL

Hey MissPrissy,

How do you turn the eggs in your 'bator? I'm looking into making one with the kiddos and want to know if we should try hand turning or making a turner.

Karen

a while back, i put my eggs sideways in an egg carton and closed it up and put them in the incubator. when i turned the eggs, Id just turn the whole thing over. this did not work. wonder why?

the wiggler thing is a great idea.. i ve seen that mentioned and never did figure it out. so... that is a really good idea.. who thought of that? jdy

The eggs need to breath. They need a good exchange of fresh air for gases to be released. Inside a carton the temps would be higher and the humidity difficult to control as well.

aint it just really weird..~! here we are.. all across the world almost and we might as well be in the same neighborhood? I have not paid much atttention to who posted what I read, then i started paying more attention. we are thousands of miles apart. doing the same things. shopping at the same stores.. eating the same eggs. playing with the same chickens. smelling the same fresh air and loving together... what a world. how it is shrinking..

may have been said already, but wouldn't a battery backup used on pc's be a good thing on a bator for power outages and spikes in current?

I don't know how many people would happen to have one of those backups just laying around extra to use. Good idea though.

On second thought my husband (the geek) said he didn't see where it would really be of much help except during a power outage. The power surge wouldn't really be affected by using it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom