CHICK-A-DEES Hatching Thread!!! 🐣

Hey all!! I set my eggs tonight! I’m gonna be so nervous until I can candle them on May 11th!!!

Can anyone give me advice on Humidity? What should it be at? Is is better to put water in there or is it better to put water in there only during lockdown??
TIA!
I don't have any humidity!

I would like to know what humidity you find is usually best for incubating chicken eggs during lockdown and non-lockdown. If I should add water or if it’s best to dry hatch. Any help is appreciated

This is how I've been running my humidity for the incubator.
The 1st week, the humidity is to 30%.
For each of the following weeks, I add 5% increase.
This ensures proper moisture loss from the egg.
Then when lockdown starts, I maintain 68 to 70% humidity.
Near hatch day, I check to see who's pipped. When 1 to 3 actually hatch I pay close attention to humidity reading, cause live chicks add to the ambient humidity which makes it around 80 to 90%. So I vent the incubator back down to 65 to 68. Then basically do the same process for the remaining hatches.
I haven't had any chicks die in the shell and usually hatch 95 to 100%

This is how I've been running my humidity for the incubator.
The 1st week, the humidity is to 30%.
For each of the following weeks, I add 5% increase.
This ensures proper moisture loss from the egg.
Then when lockdown starts, I maintain 68 to 70% humidity.
Near hatch day, I check to see who's pipped. When 1 to 3 actually hatch I pay close attention to humidity reading, cause live chicks add to the ambient humidity which makes it around 80 to 90%. So I vent the incubator back down to 65 to 68. Then basically do the same process for the remaining hatches.
Thank you so much!!! This is amazing advice. I’ll give it a try! I appreciate you taking the time to type that out!

Back
Top Bottom