CHICK-A-DEES Hatching Thread!!! šŸ£

Pics

FeatherTay

Crowing
Jun 28, 2020
Kansas
DBCDA122-99BF-4D54-84C2-964F00F7A9CC.jpeg

Just got some backstory here.

I put in 30 eggs on April 8th. 5 passed away before lockdown on the 26th. April 29th was hatching day 4 hatched. April 30th comes and goes: 5 hatch. Now itā€™s May 1st and 2 more hatched. 1 passed away after hatching. So we have 10 chicks from that hatch.

We put them out in our little ā€œchick hotelā€ we built last year. And my parents were searching the facebook, and found a absolutely gorgeous brooder (iā€™ll show some pics later).

Bam, next day we are on the road 2 1/5 hours to get that brooder.

We get there and the guy has THE BEST SET UP EVER! He sold us the brooder, and I asked how much the hatching eggs were. He said oh, iā€™ll give you some for free.

So thatā€™s how I ended up with 4 Porcelain Duucle Booted Bantams, 3 Mille Fluer Booted Bantams, 2 Jubliee Orpingtons, 1 Blue laced red wyandotte, 1 Chocolate Laced Orpington, and best of all 1 Ayam Cemani.

This is my hatching thread for these babies. Please anyone and everyone put in your input on what I need to remember while hatching these. I need as much help as possible. I appreciated any thing and everything yā€™all have to say. I want to get it PERFECT this time.

I have a LG incubator. I know itā€™s not the best incubator but itā€™s not an option to get another incubator. If anyone would like anymore info LMK and if you have anything I should remember, also please LMK!!!

Update: Power came back on at 10:12 yesterday morning. That means that my house was without electricity for 8 hours and the chicks were with no heat for 4 hours. I got it moved back to my house and they have been stable. I will candle tonight and put them on lockdown tonight. Updates later. :fl

Went to the store today and bought an i steamy read thermometer, a Humidiguide/Thermometer and another thermometer. My LG incubator also has a built in humidity/thermometer. I will be calibrating them later today. But before then Iā€™ll be setting up our newly bought brooder for our most recent chicks that hatched from the 29th- May 1st! Pics coming later!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 7
Hey all!! I set my eggs tonight! Iā€™m gonna be so nervous until I can candle them on May 11th!!!

Can anyone give me advice on Humidity? What should it be at? Is is better to put water in there or is it better to put water in there only during lockdown??
TIA!
I don't have any humidity!

Back
Top Bottom