Chick Advice??

willow13

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 8, 2009
I have 6 rhode island reds that i got from my local grain store. they are between 8-9 days old, i think. they're wing feathers are growing in and a few tails are sprouting. there are two that are getting huge, the other four are still fairly small. I may be able to get 6 australorps from another local farm store. Would I be able to keep them in the same box as the RIRs even though they are younger (probably 2-4 days old). Or should they be seperate because of age and temp reqs, or should they just be seperate because they were from different stores?? If I do get them and they need to be kept seperate, when can they be put together? I would want them to get used to each other sooner rather than later though. Thanks.

I think those are close enough in age to keep together!!! If you see them getting picked on then I would seperate them otherwise
fl.gif

I'm brooding 6 right now and two of them are probably 2-3 weeks older than the younger ones and they're fine. They actually act a little bit like mother hens. You just want to make sure they aren't picking at them. Just monitory them and separate them if necessary. Should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom