Chick-bator Incubator With Free Quail Eggs

Quote:
i have used LG incubators for over 15 years now have 2 now with silkie eggs in both.and have hatched hundreds of eggs in them. with no problems at all. it is a good cheap incubator. if you add a computer fan it is then a great incubator. the lg sells for around $45 at the feed store here in town. give it a try you will like it

NOTE "SILKIE EGGS". AND YES THEY ARE FINE CHICKEN EGG INCUBATOR... I OWN SEVERAL. BUT THEY SUCK FOR GAMEBIRDS... SORRY BUT THATS JUST THE PLAIN OLE UGLY TRUTH RIGHT THERE...
sad.png

i'll have to tell my buttuns that
lol.png

Quote:
Yea, people who make those "incubators" are dangerous to the survival of domestic birds species.

They should be tried, fined and banned from conducting any poultry business for life.

lol.png

DON'T DO IT!!!!! This was my first incubator when I was about 12, it's just a light bulb with foil that you have to manipulate to change the heat. I would come into the room and it would be at 120, because the room temp changed with the sun rising! Never could get it to work! Make a home made incubator! JUST DON'T DO IT!!!

Quote:
Incubators are high on ebay, even if used. Look into making your own, I have made several. Styrofoam cooler, light, themostat is basically waht you need. Do a search on here.

Building your own is doable. You cant cheap out on the thermostat. Its the key... Long term, a water heater thermo is not gonna make you smile... The wafer style is about the cheapest, around 20 bucks, that are trust worthy and small enough differential between on and off. The price goes up from there fast! Bill

Quote:
If your going cheap, I guess you could make a water heater one work, but I agree a quality thermostat will make your life soo much easier! If you click on my BYC page, you can see the one I use, I have bought 3 and and use them with every incubator I make.

One of the best I have is one my husband and I made from a styro cooler and a water heater thermo. As long as you have the heat source and the thermostat close enough and set out properly they hold the temps within .5 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom