Chick Bators...

I have seen people on this forum comment on them and have yet to see a positive one. there could have been some that I missed, but what I have seen was not good.

Quote:
please if i can convince you of anything pleeeeeeease dont waster your money. i have spent money on two seperate ets of eggs and none have hatched. i even got one to go all the way to the end and nothing so please dont wste your money. i am going to invest in a hovabator as soon as finances allow. it is really ahrd when you have none hatch because you get so attached to these little eggs. i nkow it sounds like a good deal but trust it is not worth the trouble

It can work, but like freddy there, if it weren't for the other big bator with eggs... he'd be raising one lone chick. 33% hatch rate really isn't that great. About what I got the first time I hatched chicks, hiding them in a closet in the attic, where my mom couldn't see, using a box with a saran wrap lid, a brooder lamp and the brain power of someone just over a decade old at the time. Needles too say, mom wasn't too happy to find all her clothes in storage covered in hatching dust... I set a whole lot of eggs in this box and the quantity of hatch dust per chick is amazing...

silkiechicken that is a cool image, I bet you had a lot of fun as a kid.
My daughters classroom used the chick bators and got a 0% hatch rate of quail eggs, meanwhile I had a friend find an egg and put it under a heat lamp and had it hatch.
The chick bators definitely aren't ideal, but if was the difference between trying and not trying I would probably go for it.

my daughter got one but i couldnt bear the thought of dissapointment of her when not a single egg hatches. If you want a cheap incubator get the Hovabator 1602N from GQF. I bought mine for 41$ plus S&H(about 12$ )go to ebay maybe you can find one used even cheaper . Plus one thing to think about .. most eggs you order are sold by 6+ or 12+ what are you going to do with the leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom