Chick behavior indication of gender

Elsa, 5 weeks, the biggest bully. Assorted straight run bantam from TSC
With that pale comb and I cannot see any wattles at 5 weeks, so good signs for a girls. But with that upright posture, could be a boy. The feathers on the legs doesn't help. Jury is still out.
Dinosaur, 5 weeks. Assorted straight run bantam from TSC
Pretty much the same here. The jury is still out.
Charlotte, 3 weeks. Speckled Sussex pullet from Meyer Hatchery
At three weeks too early to be sure but those heavy legs means it is probably a boy.
Fauna, 3 weeks. Cream Legbar pullet from Meyer Hatchery. (Don’t mind the D’uccles photo bombing)
Too early. Really undecided on this one.

I have chicks same age, same stage where I'm not sure yet. So to answer your question, don't rely on behavior, you'll know soon enough but analyzing behavior never works at this age. If anything a few years ago I started noticing that one of my LO's was standing tall around the other, supposed to be a pullet, definitely was not. But at the same time, he had the physical give away too. His name was Shithead.... :idunno
IMG_1632 (1).JPG

I just thought I’d post an update for those researching on here, wondering how their chicks might turn out based on looks or behavior. Elsa the white bantam became a white Cochin rooster who was getting mean and aggressive to people and birds at 12 weeks - he is no longer with us. Dinosaur became a dark Brahma bantam rooster who took forever to develop a red comb and didn’t act roosterish until Elsa was gone. Charlotte turned out to be a pullet, somewhere in the middle of the flock totem pole. Fauna, now known as Stripey Pants, is a rooster although he is still lacking a big red comb and no crowing or anything, but I see no way a female Cream Legbar could have that many barred feathers. So in my case, three out of four of my boisterous chicks were indeed boys.

Attachments

• IMG_8212.jpeg
    IMG_8212.jpeg
    928.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8470.jpeg
    IMG_8470.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8952.jpeg
    IMG_8952.jpeg
    847.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8957.jpeg
    IMG_8957.jpeg