chick born with swollen belly

Thanks for the post. I just had a chick hatch from a big egg and seems to have a sore and bit of blood on its behind. Would it be okay to use hydrogen peroxide to dry the wound? I have kept it in the incubator away from the others - which have all hatched fine.

This is my chick she was born today. I think the umbilical cord was ripped out but she is terribly swollen. Any tips or advice?

Hello, I am worried about my chicks abdomen area. The chick was just born about an hour ago. Is there anything I can do to help? Will the chick be able to make it? Any and all help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• F43482C1-65CB-4C67-BD7E-7B594F285CCA.jpeg
    F43482C1-65CB-4C67-BD7E-7B594F285CCA.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 47
Can anyone please help me? I have a chick born today, whom has a swollen belly. She had a hard time getting out of her shell, that's when I realized she had a swollen belly, and had a dirty behind as well.. What should I do? She seems to be in pain..
I had one to hatch two nights ago with the same issue and lays on her side. I’m worried about mine too.

I had a duckling with these same symptoms and splay leg. Half the size of the others. He lived for 6 days, and even showed signs of improvement (was eventually able to walk and run), but his belly never got smaller and his "belly button" was still scabbing. Poor thing... It's hard not to get attached.

Back
Top Bottom