Chick Butt Problem

This is referred to as pasty butt. My darling rooster had a major case of it. I found that a cotton ball worked best, as well as GENTLY dipping the chicks bottom in WARM (not hot or cold) water. This may sound gross, but the only way I could get it off was with my fingers. I know, call me gross, but, it was worth the chicks life.

P.S. Wash your hands good afterwords!!!!!

This is referred to as pasty butt. My darling rooster had a major case of it. I found that a cotton ball worked best, as well as GENTLY dipping the chicks bottom in WARM (not hot or cold) water. This may sound gross, but the only way I could get it off was with my fingers. I know, call me gross, but, it was worth the chicks life.

P.S. Wash your hands good afterwords!!!!!

I know it's probably pasty butt, but the ball is wedged in her butt hole good, so it's a little hard to get out... I soaked her in lukewarm water and dried her as best as I could and put her under the heat lamp. I picked the poop off as best as I could, so now most of it's off.

Last edited:
I know it's probably pasty butt, but the ball is wedged in her butt hole good, so it's a little hard to get out... I soaked her in lukewarm water and dried her as best as I could and put her under the heat lamp. I picked the poop off as best as I could, so now most of it's off.

Yay! Good!

Back
Top Bottom