Chick can’t walk

Shortblondemommy

Chirping
Mar 2, 2018
Sacramento, California
This chick is 1 day old, it can not stand. I was reading through forums and decided to try bandaids on the feet. Still it just can’t get it’s legs under it to stand or walk. It’s just crawling around can some one direct me how to help this little baby?

9CAC3805-BCF7-482E-94E5-6F94BE0327DC.jpeg

Attachments

• B1393C37-3B70-4D82-B0F2-C40D49AD6D3B.jpeg
    B1393C37-3B70-4D82-B0F2-C40D49AD6D3B.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 8
I'm no expert on this but what if you made a sling for it to sit in? Sort of like one of those babies Johnny jump ups or whatever you call it. Basically maybe you could try putting it's legs in a sling and have them to where they just barely touch the ground. I got the idea from a rescued chicken that got mareks disease on a youtube video that could not walk. After being in the sling, it eventually gained strength to walk along with the use of colloidal silver and I would like to think they prayed as well. Here's the link:
Screenshot_20180731-004847.jpg

Did you incubate or is it from under a hen?
Are there others?

See if you can get PolyVisol without the iron or Nutri Drench .... I'm thinking it maybe Riboflavin deficiency. Mix/wet some chick crumbles with boiled egg yolk, make a mash to feed. Make sure it's drinking & pooping.
It was incubated, it’s the only chick that has this problem. I will get some of that polyvisol tomorrow.

Make sure it's with NO IRON .... Forgot you can also use Vitamin B Complex, crush it up & mix with food but I'm not sure of the dose. I found PolyVisol w/out iron easier ... put a drop on the side of it's beak (warning it gets messy & takes several tries) 1 drop 3x day until improved ... You should see some improvement in about a week or two.

Hopefully that's the problem. You may want to post in the Emergencies, Injury, Illness & Cures forum to see what others may think it may be.

:bow @WVduckchick @Mrs K @azygous @Eggcessive
Thank you for your help in advance :hugs

Vitamin B-complex is water soluble so the chick won't overdose on it if given more than it needs. Just get a people vitamin B-complex tablet and crush it and dissolve it in some water and let the chick sip from that all day. I would also give it Nutri-drench in the water so it appears as a weak tea. Keep this up until the chick develops strength in its legs and is standing and walking.

Vitamin B-complex is water soluble so the chick won't overdose on it if given more than it needs. Just get a people vitamin B-complex tablet and crush it and dissolve it in some water and let the chick sip from that all day. I would also give it Nutri-drench in the water so it appears as a weak tea. Keep this up until the chick develops strength in its legs and is standing and walking.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom