Chick can't hold it's head up?

ArthurFleck

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
So i hatched some ayam cemanis and the 4th one hatched and can't walk or hold it's head up. It hatched on it's own so I would expect it to be able to do so and his neck is In the curled position like it was in the egg. Is there anything I could do to help it?

How long ago did it hatch?
Do you have Nutri-Drench on hand?

I'm not the poultry expert but in puppies they get low blood sugar very easily. We massage them and give them a little sugar water to get their blood sugar up till they can eat and drink again. And we keep them warm, but touch helps a lot. I once fostered a puppy and thought it was going to die. Rushed it to the vet and it turned out that all it needed was a little Karo Syrup massaged on its gums. I always mix a little probiotics in with anything I feed them the first week. If it's low blood sugar from the struggle of pecking out, it won't take too much I bet....

I'm not the poultry expert but in puppies they get low blood sugar very easily. We massage them and give them a little sugar water to get their blood sugar up till they can eat and drink again. And we keep them warm, but touch helps a lot. I once fostered a puppy and thought it was going to die. Rushed it to the vet and it turned out that all it needed was a little Karo Syrup massaged on its gums. I always mix a little probiotics in with anything I feed them the first week. If it's low blood sugar from the struggle of pecking out, it won't take too much I bet....
Okay I waited a little longer and he's able to hold his head up but he still cant walk and he keeps tipping over

Back
Top Bottom