Chick can't poop! Swollen abdomen!

Hold him in your hand, use the tip of your finger or finger nail to lift the tip of the top beak. Slide the bit into the side and let him swallow. Put your coconut oil on a dish in the fridge/freezer and make it cold too, that will help keep the oil solid long enough to get it in. You will get it, with some practice. :)

He is getting worse!!!! Please help!! He won't open his eyes unless you pick him up. He still hasn't popped. When you pick him up his head drops down and he is still peeping non stop. His wings are droopy and he is resting on his hocks. I have been giving him water and I managed to get him to drink some oil. I lubricated his vent but nothing happened. I pushed a Qtip gently into his vent a little and a drop of murky white fluid came out. I am seriously nervous. What do I do now?!?!

I'm so sorry. :hugs When they are this small there is only so much that can be done. It may have gone on too long to save it. All you can do is try, and some things are out of our hands. I did see this thread, if you want to try. I have never, ever done this, and would not except as a last ditch effort when I thought there was no other remedy, I think it would be very easy to kill the chick, but I will pass it on as information, and you can decide.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/enemas-save-lives-baby-chick-in-pain-not-pooping.657649/

Back
Top Bottom