Chick chirping but no external pip, can it cause suffocation??

Thank you for your help! we had 2 very hard shelled eggs, I put a slight hole in one and it pretty much kicked boxed its way out not long after, whether the hole had something to do with it I don't know but he wasn't staying in that egg any longer
smile.png
. The next morning the other egg had been chirping for quite awhile and I noticed it was starting to get a bit weak so I put a small hole near its beak and it fell very silent for awhile and I got worried but when I checked on it 2 hours later it had half zipped around it's shell and just kicked its way out from there, one of the strongest chickens I've seen hatch and was a lot more active then the ones hatched earlier! We ended up with 6 chicks in total which isn't the best percentage as we had 16 eggs to start with. Still early in the season and most were clears probably from our young rooster and he might have to many hens in there to get around, he have built a new pen so we should have a better ratio for the next hatching. Thanks again!, your help definitely relieved the stress!!
lol.png

I'm glad to hear to hear it worked out so well for you!

Back
Top Bottom