Chick chirping

Saaan13

Chirping
Jul 6, 2022
So I hatched a chick 3 days old which was alone for 3 days In The brooder , I recently got 2 new chicks week old (hens) , when I leave the room after a bit the 3 day old chick chirps really loud but when I enter the room she stops , does this mean she misses me being in there , she doesn’t like being touched so I can’t tell if she misses me or there is something wrong?

Is she eating and drinking? Have you checked for pasty butt? I had one that chirped constantly until I looked everyone over and found it. Once I cleared her vent no more chirping. I had one that also had a hard time remembering to go under the brinsea platform to get warm so she would scream until I came in and gently ushered her under it.

Is she eating and drinking? Have you checked for pasty butt? I had one that chirped constantly until I looked everyone over and found it. Once I cleared her vent no more chirping. I had one that also had a hard time remembering to go under the brinsea platform to get warm so she would scream until I came in and gently ushered her under it.
I will have a look later I’m out at the moment but she seems to have a mix of wet and solid poo , I will see if she has pasty butt and she’s chirped like that from day one really , I’ve checked the temperature and it’s 34 degrees Celsius, she is eating and drinking fine , idk why she chirps when I’m not in the room.

If this one hatched alone and the only living thing to latch onto at the time was the human, it might be bonded to you. Unfortunately, being a human, you are not going to be able to realistically spend the 24/7 time with this chick that it currently expects.

As long as the basic needs are being met (food, water, heat, ventilation, safety and companionship of other chicks), this one might just need some tough love of being away from the human for a while.

If this one hatched alone and the only living thing to latch onto at the time was the human, it might be bonded to you. Unfortunately, being a human, you are not going to be able to realistically spend the 24/7 time with this chick that it currently expects.

As long as the basic needs are being met (food, water, heat, ventilation, safety and companionship of other chicks), this one might just need some tough love of being away from the human for a while.
Yeah , that’s what i was thinking , well I’ve got 2 new chicks for them to bond together just so when im out she ain’t alone :)

Back
Top Bottom