Chick coughing, sneezing, squeeling, breathing hard, runny nose!

Im so sorry to whats happening i totaly know what your going through. I tried to watch your video but was compatable with the ipad. My 2 month old chick was doing the same, sneezing, head shaking & coughing. I got told to take her to the vets which i did and they gave her baytril for 5 days but didnt work so they tried her on (Doxycyline 260mg) antibiotic. Its an old fashioned antibiotic used to treat respatary deseases in pigeons & pheasants and because i live on a farm she was wondering if my flock was catching this as i had 20 chickens and 15 showing the same symptoms.. To start with i had to syringe the first dose down every chickens throat then put the powder in the water for 5 days making sure they only have access to that water. All apart from 1 chicken are totally fine... And the one chicken who is poorly has a swollen eye so im hoping its not related... I hope you find out whats wrong and your vet can sort you out. Just thought i would tell you my story and hope you dont mind.xxx

I would start the TYlan injection right away, I have a bantam with very similar signs, I have started the Tylan yesterday 1/2 cc, tonight we will do 1/4cc and the next day 1/4cc. You should see some improvements within a day or so. My bantam, I started her on it last night and the coughing or chirping what ever you want to call it, has already decreased, she too acted as if she had something caught in her throat, acting as though she was having difficulties breathing... But her crop was empty before the tylan, this morning she was totally full. So I believe the tylan is working for me....

You only have to use it for 3 days it should help, my bantam, had runny sticky substance coming out of her nose, coughing, opening her mouth like she couldn't breath, crop totally empty, drank quite a bit, looked very sleepy, she would also walk very slowly and want to be held.. and just fall asleep when I held her.. She too would shake her head.

I know some people inject tylan but I give it orally instead. The injectable form. I think it helps a little better but is just my opinion. Tylan is wonderful medication to help chickens get over colds. I even add the injectable form to my chickens drinking water too.

Back
Top Bottom