Chick Days Strike Again!

Arya28

Songster
Apr 9, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hello!

Chick days are back at Tractor Supply! *does little happy dance*

We just got 6 bantams-- 1 silkie, 2 mille fleur d'uccles, 1 silver duckwing old English game bantam, 1 of what we think is a white Japanese bantam, and one that we aren't entirely sure about.

The one we aren't entirely sure about has feathered legs and a beard. It's white, but it has very small hints of black- two very light grey stripes going down it's back, and a little hint of grey in it's leg feathers. Any thoughts on what it could be???

We are in PA so our TSC usually sources from Hoover's.

Maybe a Brahma (?)
I was wondering that... but from the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like most brahmas are usually bearded? Or can they be bearded?
This chick looks VERY fluffy, almost identical to a silkie, only it's toes aren't black or extra. It's got light skin, and definitely a very puffy bearded face lol. I'm thinking maybe favorelle? But I don't see that they can be a bantam? I'm so confused right now lol

But it's ok. We got a bunch of cuties!

Missed the part that specified it had a beard probably a favorelle as you thought, they are cute chicks! I almost got a couple today at the feed store

Last edited:
Missed the part that specified it had a beard probably a favorelle as you thought, they are cute chicks! I almost got a couple today at the feed store an no they aren't bantams
Well now I am even more stumped because this is definitely a tiny bantam! It's very cute, whatever it is.... I'm wondering if it's some type of white or mottled d'uccle?

Picture? It's hard to tell when they are babies! I got ducks from the "assorted bin" 2 weeks ago and still haven't got a clue on what they are!

You aren't from Mercer County are you? Lol. I would be in serious trouble if our TSC ever got in mille fleur d'uccles. Today I saw some different colors of silkies that were tempting.

Back
Top Bottom