Chick-emoticons?

This is how I remember them for mobile version:

Hello everyone. I have a mixed flock of chickens most i have raised since they were 4 weeks old. My qroosters uestion is seems i have four yes four roosters and just four hens, is this ratio ok ? Or should i buy more hens?

Hello everyone. I have a mixed flock of chickens most i have raised since they were 4 weeks old. My qroosters uestion is seems i have four yes four roosters and just four hens, is this ratio ok ? Or should i buy more hens?
If you plan on keeping those boys, you will definitely need to buy more hens-- a LOT more hens.
The general rule of thumb is 10-12 hens per rooster.
If you leave the ratio as is, you will have some major issues.
Fighting (can end in death), over-mating, worn out girls......just bad all the way around.

I'm good with only one rooster-- have no desire for another.

In addition to what's already been said, you'll want to make sure they have a lot of room too, even if you get more hens. Sometimes, the roosters may not get along and need to get away from each other. Sometimes, they also pick the same girls as their favorites and the girls may need to get away. We had two big roosters in a flock of five hens and it was just by the grace of God we walked outside when we did one day. One rooster had almost killed the other one. He had him on the ground bashing his head in and blood was everywhere. That rooster that attacked is gone now. He had been bullied but that was the first time he decided to fight back. We have a bantam roo too now but he's separated from the remaining roo. They got together one day and I had trouble breaking them up.

I know people do have success with multiple roosters but it does depend on the temperament of the roos you have. Just watch them...and get more hens if you plan on keeping them all. Hope this helps and doesn't scare you too much.

I am using a computer, and I have just realised if you scroll onto a smiley and stay there for a few seconds, some writing will come up. This writing is what you need to type for smileys on an Ipad. Here are a few I've found just now:

tongue2.gif
:plbb

D.gif
:cd

old.gif
:old

woot.gif
:woot

thumbsup.gif
:thumbsup

I hope this helped you a little!
yippiechickie.gif