Chick failing to thrive??

chickstarter123

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2021
Hello!
I’m giving my chick about 2 1/2 month aged vitamin and mineral water since the past week as I’ve noticed it has lost all his fuzz and not growing a single feather, the only few feathers are in its wings that’s all apart from it no feathers nothing just skinny chick. It had cocci(mild) one of the BYC users said so, I brought my amprolium medicine today it arrived, so i put little powder of it into its water, now Im not sure about the dosage could anyone pls guide me about the dosage??

also after consuming it it started to spread its wings and started opening its mouth I think something is wrong with him I don’t think it is normal. Pls tell me what should I do he literally has no feather on its body. Is it a late bloomer or is something seriously wrong with him? Also what is happening to my chick consuming the amprolium water. Pls give me dosage details.
Any form of help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
@Saaniya helped me out before! Thankyou can you pls check into this?

Hello!
I’m giving my chick about 2 1/2 month aged vitamin and mineral water since the past week as I’ve noticed it has lost all his fuzz and not growing a single feather, the only few feathers are in its wings that’s all apart from it no feathers nothing just skinny chick. It had cocci(mild) one of the BYC users said so, I brought my amprolium medicine today it arrived, so i put little powder of it into its water, now Im not sure about the dosage could anyone pls guide me about the dosage??

also after consuming it it started to spread its wings and started opening its mouth I think something is wrong with him I don’t think it is normal. Pls tell me what should I do he literally has no feather on its body. Is it a late bloomer or is something seriously wrong with him? Also what is happening to my chick consuming the amprolium water. Pls give me dosage details.
See if any store around you or go online and order some hydro-hen, it’s a power with electrolytes and things chickens need. Be sure to let the chicken play in dirt or sand to get rid of any mites or ticks. If the chick is losing feathers a heat lamp at night time may not be a bad idea each. Just try to make it as comfortable as possible and just mix a tablespoon of sugar to a gallon of water if you can’t find the hydro-hen. It’s basically like a pedialite for kids.

Hello!

I will say if he's not growing at all he's Under catagory of failure to thrive. Recently on April 11 my new chick died he's 4 month old without growth or weight his body stays like a chick body , he faced alot of mental truma that stopped his growth completely (Permanent Stunting)
I used all Vitamins calcium supplements to give him life but nothing help his small body to grow even multi-vitamins makes his breathing more rapid which cause heart attack at the end of time of his life .

If you chick isn't growing up at all there's no cure to just wait and see what happens next because failure to thrive will die if not soon then later on because their age is going big bit their organs and body stops growing

I'm sorry if I sound bad but I personally now Experience this that failure to thrive won't grow at all with all efforts

The thing u mentioned about opening mouth it's the breathing problem they face with small air sacs

I suggest u to just give him regular diet and small amount of vitamin not much because Vitamin will affect his breath rate which can bring fatal circumstances

I'm sorry if I sound bad but I personally now Experience this that failure to thrive won't grow at all with all efforts

The thing u mentioned about opening mouth it's the breathing problem they face with small air sacs

I suggest u to just give him regular diet and small amount of vitamin not much because Vitamin will affect his breath rate which can bring fatal circumstances
No you dont sound bad at all! You’re just stating your experience which I think is crucial for my knowledge. I have to say that this chick stopped gaping and opening its mouth many days ago, occasionally sometimes when he drinks loads of water, it comes out of his mouth thats it, Im also feeding it amprolium water like you said before, I fed him the b growel water before amprolium for some time, i will restart after the amprolium period. I mean like I think he’s growing in size, and his very tiny comb is forming shape, My real concern is he has no feathers! Apart from his feathering every thing is fine eats amd drinks properly. Only worries is his feathers not coming. he has very few white feathers on his side wings that’s it. But thank you!! For helping me out!

240gmHello!

5 grams of Amprolium to 4 liters of water continuously for 5 to 7 days. reduce to 3 grams per 4 liters for another 5 to 7 days. This gradual reduction in the level of treatment assists the birds to developed immunity while maintaining some level of protection. Fresh solutions should be made up daily.

5 grams of Amprolium to 4 liters of water continuously for 5 to 7 days. reduce to 3 grams per 4 liters for another 5 to 7 days. This gradual reduction in the level of treatment assists the birds to developed immunity while maintaining some level of protection. Fresh solutions should be made up daily.
This post was created about 2.5 months ago. It would be way past time to start coccidiosis treatment.

Back
Top Bottom