chick feed?

krobin04

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
Lincoln County
Anyone tell me what's the best chick feed for my plymouths? They are 2 wks and have been on medicated starter w/the rest of our kinds of chicks. Any link to meat bird feed?

from what I have seen at the feed store---there are 'starter/grower' rations that have pretty high protein content, and that is probably what you are going to want to get

In Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens by Gail Damerow she does say " We small-flock owners are at the mercy of local feed providers. Depending on where you live, you may have little choice in the available combination of starter and finisher or starter/grower and finisher. How much that matters depends on your method of management. A confinement fed broiler eats approximately 2 pounds (1kg) of feed for every pounds (0.5kg) of weight gained."

Hope you get some good answers from the rest of the BYC folks......

Anyone tell me what's the best chick feed for my plymouths? They are 2 wks and have been on medicated starter w/the rest of our kinds of chicks. Any link to meat bird feed?

Do you have a choice if so what is it? I only have two choices chick feed or egglayer.

When our chicks were a little older than yours we started feeding mixes high protein grains. They are doing very well on it.

Back
Top Bottom