Chick fell asleep in my hand!!!!! [bragging]

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gryeyes, Oct 8, 2009.

1. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

First time Chicken Mom here. 3 of my 4 different breed chicks are 2, maybe 3 weeks old, and 1 is only a week old. (Got 'em at a feed store and the Brahmas had sold out when the new delivery arrived, so I only had balls of fluff to choose from for that breed.)

Anyway, I'm handling them twice a day, petting them with a finger down from the back of their necks to their tail ends between their shoulder blades. After screaming bloody hell when I pick 'em up, they settle down but stay alert.

Last night, Rhoda (guess her breed) actually closed her eyes and rested her head on my thumb and fell asleep! I sat there on the toilet - lid down - my brooder is in the bathroom - for a good 20 minutes with a sleeping chick in my hand!!! I could hear her breathe.....

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I love it when they snooze on you. I can't wait to have babies again - only 15 more days!!!!! [​IMG]

3. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    That's adorable. I wish you had pics. You might have a lifelong sweetheart there.

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

They can be so sweet, can't they?? [​IMG] My cuddle bug is my little buff. orp...and she loves if I wear a fleece jacket...goes right to sleep...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by