Chick fell :(

kirocontoy

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
One of my chicks decided to try and 'fly'. They just started growing the feathers on their little wings and have been experimenting with them. Well she hopped off a stool she had gotten onto and hit a box. She fell approximately 4-5 ft and hit a little bar on the stool as she went down. I tried to catch her.

My question is. Would that fall severely injure her? I picked her up and set her down to see if she'd walk fine and she did. Walking perfectly fine. Put her back in our little chick coup and she started scratching and eating away at the starter grow feed.

Anyway, yeah I was wondering if there is anything I should really watch out for to see if anything might not be wrong now but coming up.

I'm really worried about her
sad.png

If she was ok right away, she should be fine. You may just keep an eye on her and make sure that she is being a normal chick. She may slow down a bit if some soreness sits in for a few hours.

Matt

Quote:
Well she was a little slow. I rubbed under her neck with my finger and she started falling asleep. But, would the soreness go away? Because I'm really worried about her
sad.png
We just got them from a friend and yeah.

kirocontoy,

First off Welcome to BYC

I think your chick will be fine. If it was hurt in the fall most likely you would be able to tell immediately. Of course it is possible that it will show up later.

I had a chick jump off the bar and bounce off the stool rungs all the way down. She's just fine.

Keep an eye on your chick, and try to not worry.

Imp

Quote:
Well thank you so much for the welcome.
smile.png

Okay well just we just got them and technically this is my first time with chicks. I mean yeah
sad.png
we have full grown chickens but we've never had chicks. And they follow me around like I was their mom so I'm really starting to care for them like that. I just don't want anything to happen. But, if you had a chick that this happened to and she's alright then okay. I'll try not to worry. It's sort of hard.
sad.png
Just she's a turken (turkey chicken cross if you didn't know what that is) and her necks of course a little longer then a normal chicks. So yeah
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom