Chick fella and is limping

PomPom the polish chicken

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2022
Hello everyone. I just got my shipment of chicks today and had one that was really hyper and had pasty butt. I picked it up to treat the pasty butt but it jumped and landed on one foot from a 4 1/2 foot hight. She is now limping on one foot and laying on her side under the brooder plate. Is it broken? Also is there any fix?😭

Last edited:
Try giving the chick a little sugar water by dipping it’s beak. Keep it warm, and let it sleep. It may be in shock or could have internal injuries or a broken leg, hard to know. Keep it quiet and see how it is in a little while. Let us know how it is getting along shortly.

Try giving the chick a little sugar water by dipping it’s beak. Keep it warm, and let it sleep. It may be in shock or could have internal injuries or a broken leg, hard to know. Keep it quiet and see how it is in a little while. Let us know how it is getting along shortly.
Is water with save-a-chick electrolytes good.

Yes that is perfect. Is she awake enough to take it from a small lid or cup? It is always safer to let them drink and swallow on their own by dipping the beak for half a second.

Back
Top Bottom