Chick found dead hatched egg. Are other gonna survive?

spear41670

Chirping
Oct 31, 2020
I could hear the chick and the egg was pipped in the morning but now i found the chick dead and the egg was hatched. The chick was fully developed. Should i help the others to hatch which have been pipped? It has been 22 days this was the first hatch. Attached picture

Attachments

• E4D31D92-D7F7-4710-80A7-227BB19DEA0B.jpeg
    E4D31D92-D7F7-4710-80A7-227BB19DEA0B.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 50
Sometimes chicks don’t make it out of their eggs, or make it out of their egg then pass, it’s no ones fault. I’d leave the others to hatch naturally with as little disturbance as possible. Just a few questions, was the chick hatched by a hen, or an incubator? If she was hatched by an incubator did you take her out? If she was hatched by a hen was she kicked out from under the hen?

Sometimes chicks don’t make it out of their eggs, or make it out of their egg then pass, it’s no ones fault. I’d leave the others to hatch naturally with as little disturbance as possible. Just a few questions, was the chick hatched by a hen, or an incubator? If she was hatched by an incubator did you take her out? If she was hatched by a hen was she kicked out from under the hen?
It was hatched by a hen. I actually think I messed up by panicking. I did small holes in the other eggs’ membranes in which the chicks were cheeping and moving and the outer shell was coming off. Did i do anything wrong. Plz forgive me if i sound like an idiot i just want led to help them

Attachments

• EB56D82D-8044-4557-B44F-91CBB72DF508.jpeg
    EB56D82D-8044-4557-B44F-91CBB72DF508.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 33
It was hatched by a hen. I actually think I messed up by panicking. I did small holes in the other eggs’ membranes in which the chicks were cheeping and moving and the outer shell was coming off. Did i do anything wrong. Plz forgive me if i sound like an idiot i just want led to help them
Don’t help them any more. Put them under their mother and leave them. She knows what to do, it’s best if you don’t interfere. What you’ve done shouldn’t hurt them, you should stop helping before you do something that could hurt them. I’m sorry if that sounded a bit harsh, I don’t want you to lose any more chicks.

Hands off. Let mom take care of them and don't interfere. Hatching can take several hours.

Don’t help them any more. Put them under their mother and leave them. She knows what to do, it’s best if you don’t interfere. What you’ve done shouldn’t hurt them, you should stop helping before you do something that could hurt them. I’m sorry if that sounded a bit harsh, I don’t want you to lose any mor
It's hard to keep hands off, I know. And in your defense, I've had chicks that would have died without help. You're learning and it was smart to share here and get advice.
Guys i found out why the chick died it was the hen. She stepped on him. Shes just a bad mother. I dont know about one more chick she helped out he is slowly fading and wet. There was a little vein sticking out

Attachments

• 95ECE1FE-77A6-41D4-9A90-E364BAD39C45.jpeg
    95ECE1FE-77A6-41D4-9A90-E364BAD39C45.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 30
Unless you saw her step in it with your own eyes, you are guessing.

From the picture, that little guy looks ok, for now. Why is he not under the hen or in a brooder? Please don't move the hen to take pictures. He's wet and will die.

Back
Top Bottom