chick from kids school??

fj45lvr

Chirping
13 Years
Mar 5, 2011
my grandkid brought home a chick it has 4 toes I am thinking is about 3 weeks old? it has a yellow comb right down to the yellow beak, white face and then grey and white striping on wings.

I wanted to know what variety this is?? maybe this is a male? I thought maybe California grey but I think feet and beak could be wrong color.
IMG_20240326_145408131_HDR.jpg

It is a male. The comb is very large for that stage of development.

Where was the chick from? Hatchery, store, backyard breeder? It really looks like some kind of mix to me. California grays aren't very common anymore. Haven't seen them offered by hatcheries in ages.

Thanks for reply, I was thinking it may be a male because of how big comb was so quickly. I have no idea where the chick came from unfortunately so that is why I was asking...it seems to have stripes like a plymouth rock but is light grey on face and chest and not black. maybe when it is a few months old it might be easier to identify/quess what breed(s) it might be??
It is a male. The comb is very large for that stage of development.

Where was the chick from? Hatchery, store, backyard breeder? It really looks like some kind of mix to me. California grays aren't very common anymore. Haven't seen them offered by hatcheries in ages.

It definitely a male, and a barnyard mix. But! I do believe that there is some Cuckoo Maran in its blood line. Pretty chick! If it does happen to be a pure Cuckoo Maran, you can use it to make tons of sex-linked birds.

Back
Top Bottom