Chick got lick lots by dog

I'm so sorry about your chick. That breaks my heart. I really hate this for you and her sister/BFF chick. I'm sure your dog didn't mean to injure the chick, but I would make sure the others can't escape their brooder and suffer the same. Even if your dog was gentle, it doesn't take much to fatally injure a chick. Their bones are so thin and everything is so small. I'm so sorry that I missed this before now. Sadly, I doubt there was anything that you could do to help the chick. I hope you can take comfort that you tried to help her and I'm sure they feel our love. As far as her sister/BFF, I wouldn't worry until she gives you reason to worry. I've got one Polish mixed in with a flock of 7 other pullets. They caused me a little bit of concern in the beginning but now she's the #3 in charge and doesn't take anyone bothering her. She's as sweet as pie to humans and just an awesome chicken. Please let us know how Copper (is it Copper or Cooper?) gets along. Again I'm so sorry you lost your other chick

It's fantastic that she's doing well right now-
keep taking good care of her!
(My chickens are sending her as much luck as they can- well, if they can from that fence. Are they stuck again? Dawnwing, Moonwing, get DOWN from there and return to your SENSIBLE sister, Breezewing!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom