Chick has a protruding vent and pasty butt? Help! *PICS*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sixlittlechicks09, Aug 8, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Quote:Okay, I'll just let it be gross for a while [​IMG] And yeah, the only problem is he seems to enjoy sticking his gross little butt in my face. I'm going to get him some pants or something.

2. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:Okay, I'll just let it be gross for a while [​IMG] And yeah, the only problem is he seems to enjoy sticking his gross little butt in my face. I'm going to get him some pants or something.

[​IMG]

3. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Your post gave me a hugh laugh. Not at you or the chick, but the pulsing when he peeps !!!!!!!!!! I hope he gets better.

4. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Ya, this read is a crack up. But why does everyone say he? Sounds more like a she to me, and one that you will want to watch closely come laying time.

5. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    I had the same problem with one of my little chicks. I applied the Prep H several times a day and the swelling went down and she was back to normal within a few days.

Just put a little dab on a Q tip and put it around the vent.

6. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Quote:[​IMG] I don't really know? [​IMG] The little thing could easily be a she! I almost hope not though, I don't want to go thru these problems again in a few months! [​IMG] Haha and I'm glad everyone is enjoying my gross little beast [​IMG] I swear it's showing me it's butt just to torment me. I went down to give them some treats, the other orp. and my frizzle came running over eyes bright and that little beast came running over then turned around to eat it's peach, making sure it's rump was fully exposed. That's why I'm calling it a boy too I guess, girls wouldn't be intentionally nasty, and I'm sure he is!!

7. Afrochicken

Afrochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Toms River, NJ
    lol! [​IMG] this thread cracks me up!! name it "The Beast Butt"

8. CrazyChickLuver

CrazyChickLuver Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Williamsburg, VA
    Someone please help me! My baby chick has a protruding vent just like the first pictures, and she's very small, we've had her for about a week now. She didn't grow much from the time we bought her to now and it's really freaking me out, especially because she has pasty butt. I just don't know what to do. My baby's drinking enough water and eating enough but she won't lie down to sleep. It's almost as if she can't and this concerns me because she falls asleep standing. I really need help! I'm just hoping she doesn't die...and i can't cull her, it would just kill me.[​IMG]

9. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    If it's any help, the little chick in the picture was small and had pasty but for about two weeks before he "grew out of it" and turned into a gorgeous, HUGE rooster. With this little guy I just wiped the pasty off his butt about 4-5 times a day and applied a little Preparation H once a day. And as far as sleeping standing up? What are you using for bedding? Hope she gets better!

10. Yayah

Yayah Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    So happy to read this turned out well! My little one week old faverolle has this exact problem. She's had pasty butt since I got her, so every day I have to check on her. Can't wait for her to look normal. Thank you guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by