Chick has ENORMOUS Crop-Help!

So I took the chick to the vet this morning. They did an xray and said that they couldn't say whether it was or wasn't the bedding but it didn't look like grass either. He examined her and commiserated with one of his partners. They concluded that it was probable that her crop just wasn't functioning like a normal crop should and if they put her though a clean out attempt, they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. I made the decision to help her go to chick heaven. Didn't think it was fair to put her through that when they said that it was so hard, they were doubtful that it would be successful.

Bummer.

So I took the chick to the vet this morning. They did an xray and said that they couldn't say whether it was or wasn't the bedding but it didn't look like grass either. He examined her and commiserated with one of his partners. They concluded that it was probable that her crop just wasn't functioning like a normal crop should and if they put her though a clean out attempt, they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. I made the decision to help her go to chick heaven. Didn't think it was fair to put her through that when they said that it was so hard, they were doubtful that it would be successful.

Bummer.
Aw I hate to hear that for you and the chickie. Sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad you were able to receive help.

Back
Top Bottom