chick has pipped but no progress made !!! please help!!

So my an egg has pipped around 5pm today, it is now 1:30 but it hasnt made any progress, its not making any noise but the egg does shake freaquently

the exposed membrane has gone tan a little black, ive attached a photo for reference

i realise a chick can take up to 24 hours from pip to hatch but this is the only egg out of 16 that has pipped so im really looking forward to this hatching and so are my girls! its taken everything in us to not open the incubator and give it the time to hatch

its been 7 hours, nearly 8 since its pipped, should it have started to zip by now?

im really new to incubating since i usually just put fertile eggs under any broody hens i have,

any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

View attachment 2761483
The color of the membrane makes me think a possible sticky chick.

Looks as though membrane bit dry try spraying the eggs with warm water (quite hot to the touch when you put in spray bottle ) any clean kitchen type spray bottle will do . you could also put hot damp sponge in incubator. Last resort is to carefully help chick by unpicking round shell but beware do this too soon and chick will bleed to death. as none others doing anything try spray first

jacqui

I could be wrong and am happy to be educated by someone with more knowledge but looks to me like it just still has yolk to live for and absorb? Hopefully he will be fine
Maybe but he is 8 days old now, which is why I was concerned. But other than that and the loose poo, he behaves like a normal chick. He also waddles when he walks but I think that’s just cause of the swelling

Maybe but he is 8 days old now, which is why I was concerned. But other than that and the loose poo, he behaves like a normal chick. He also waddles when he walks but I think that’s just cause of the swelling
Sorry i probably hadnt full understood and just wanted the best outcome for your chick but as you said after 8 days it seems unlikely. But lets hope hes ok any way. All you can do is give him a good life 😁

Back
Top Bottom