Chick hatched with no eyes!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a chick like that hatch a few months back. I tried to keep it, but it just wasn't finding food and it eventually died. It always screamed a lot too because it kept thinking it was all alone. Good luck!

I found a pic of mine:
18120_blinky1.png

18120_blinky2.png

Last edited:
That picture is just how mine looks!!!!
How do you cull a chick??? I don't no if I could or not but I don't want it to starve to death or worse.

Quote:
I use kitchen shears, it's over quickly. I hate to do it and only do it if neccessary; it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach, but I know it's the kindest thing under the circumstances.

hugs.gif

I had to cull a new chick recently. You're right; it's not enjoyable. I used the kitchen shear method also and felt that it was very quick and the humane way to do it. It is not difficult to cut, so don't dread that part if you decide to do it.

Quote:
I use kitchen shears, it's over quickly. I hate to do it and only do it if neccessary; it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach, but I know it's the kindest thing under the circumstances.

hugs.gif

Ohhhhhh I just don't have it in me to do something like that. If I can't find someone to do it for me I think I will just leave it and see how it does but then I will feel bad if it is suffering! Oh what to do what to do!!!
I will gladly give it to someone if they want it!!!!! Anyone??

I had to cull for the fist time last week,I was told the quickest way was to start a fire and get it really hot then toss the chick in,that it was instant death,I could not cut off the head either or snap the neck this was the easiest for me.Everyone has there own way and no matter what it is its still hard on the person that has to do it.I would only do this for small chicks.So sorry you have to do this,it broke my heart to have to do that but it was better then it suffering

Last edited:
This is a very difficult subject, and no one with compassion will find it easy. But, as an old nurse, I have to say that burning has got to be extremely painful. The shears, or the home made euthanasia chamber (with baking soda/vinegar mix I believe - right?) would have to be more humane. Also, the chick in the picture above, almost looks micro-cephalic - as though perhaps his brain didn't fully develop. If your chick is able to eat/drink on his own, he might be capable of surviving. The question is are you capable of caring for a special needs pet that would need extra time and attention. There's no right or easy answer, and I'm sure you will follow your heart and do what is right for you. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom