Chick Identification Please... Post pictures..

texascowboy1979

Songster
10 Years
Aug 14, 2009
Texas - Best Place on Earth
So I ordered some chicks..

Cochins of various colors
White faced black spanish
and salmon faverolles

I know what the Cochin Chicks look like
I know what the White Faced Black Spanish look like..
but I dont know what the Salmon Faverolles looks like.

It should be as simple process of eimilination, but I got 21 extra free chicks... So Im at a loss.

what do salmon faverolles chicks look like. Plese post a picture. Here is a picture of what Im led to belive are the salmon faverolles.. Ideas and thoughts?

Are these salmon faverolles?

misc2a.jpg

misc1a.jpg

Here is a picture of all the chicks..
chicks123.jpg

Salmon Faverolles chicks are solid yellow, have feathered legs, and five toes.
wink.png

All those reddish ones are Golden Campines.

Quote:
I got my chicks from Purely Poultry... The research I did says that salmon faverolle are yellowish chicks with a fith toe and feathered legs... and I dont have anything that fits that discription...

they are pretty easy to recognize.

32681_chicks_salmon_faverolle4.jpg

P.S. If you go to mypetchicken.com, they have chick pictures for all of the breeds.

The two dark ones look like they might be Golden Laced Wyandottes, and I saw at least one Australorp or Black Jersey Giant in the those pictures.

Last edited:
Thats the chick what I saw too for my Salmons.. but nope. Not one yellow chick looks like that... All the yellow chicks, with the exception of 1 White Cochin, are all Standared yellow chicks with no feathers on the leg and 4 toes...

I emailed the company last night... so If I dont hear from them by lunch... Im calling.

Its not that I dont want the yellow chicks or the Mystry chicks which by the way are MEGA adorable.... but I really wanted the Salmons...

Last edited:
Quote:
RIGHT, THats exactly what they look like... I wonder.. i guess Ill have to wait a few weeks for feathers to see what they are exactly..

IF they are nice chickens like the Egyptians then I can leave them loose to run the farm. All my other chickens are in breeding pens.. and I have 2 spare breeding pens, one for the White FAced Black spanish and one for the Salmons....

And I ordered 3.8 Samlons and I got 0.0.11 of the mystry chicks. plus 0.0.21 yellow chicks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom