Chick identification

moms Tree

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 15, 2013
I'm new to raising chickens. I got these at Orscheln's a week ago, and, I've been able to identify most of what I got... but these last few are confusing. I'd like to know what breed they are, and how old they are... I'm guessing about a week and a half???
I'm wondering if picture one is anconas, pic 2... is this a buff orpington, and pic 3...? Easter Egger?

welcome-byc.gif
You could post clear close up photos at "what gender or breed is this?" I think they need to be a few weeks older tho, a lot of breeds start with chicks in similar colors.

You know... me either. There wasn't a bone in my body that ever considered having chickens, until I walked by that bin. I was so naive... I told my husband the chickens in that bin were called "fryers". He smiled at me, and it took me a few minutes to get it. I said, "people are going to eat them?" My husband gave another smile and walked into the tool section. I found an employee, and asked the employee if people were going to eat those chickens. He told me yes. I said, "I'll take them all." I bought a coop for them while there (I've since built a much larger one, understanding very quickly they sell 'toy' coops), but, I only had my car, and we needed to come back with the truck to bring the coop package home. My husband forgot to bring the receipt for the coop when he came back to pick it up, but it didn't matter... they remembered us. The clerk said, "Oh... we know who you are... your wife is the one that tried to save all the chickens in the store."

Back
Top Bottom