Chick injured 3 days ago, now stumbling and falling backwards

She is even worse this morning. She can't stand up at all. She is happy and alert when we hold and pet her but she doesn't understand why her legs won't work. We basically propped her up next to food and water. It's killing me to have to leave her to go to work. It certainly sounds like she has the paralysis form of marek's. So now what??? Do we have to put her down? Will my other four bird become infected?

Attachments

• IMG_2856.JPG
    IMG_2856.JPG
    567.1 KB · Views: 2
She is even worse this morning. She can't stand up at all. She is happy and alert when we hold and pet her but she doesn't understand why her legs won't work. We basically propped her up next to food and water. It's killing me to have to leave her to go to work. It certainly sounds like she has the paralysis form of marek's. So now what??? Do we have to put her down? Will my other four bird become infected?
Have you tried any vitamin therapy?

It would be good to read the article about Marek's that I linked previously, it give a lot of information.

we have been doing b12. we will get more of a multivitamin today. I skimmed the article, very informative. i need to take the time to read it thoroughly. It sounds from what I have read that it’s hard to know for sure if it’s mareks without testing. I can’t phantom having my 4 other girls go through the same thing down that road. it has been devastating

Back
Top Bottom